Friday, August 27, 2010

Terminus

Seventeen years had passed since their admission, supine, hands clasped. The moment paused and rewound so many times it has begun to slip and slur. Yet it remains solid, holding down everything from that time, forward. It is the ground to which any path may be traced.

It is far from nothing.

They were alone, their easy banter quickly escalating to hysteria. It was cast. He pressed his words between their laughter, hoping that the weight of their meaning may be buoyed by the mirth of the spell. As he had hoped, they had caught her off guard. And, she swallowed her response, continuing to laugh as if what he said was part of the folly.

It is easier to disbelieve.

Then he turned to her and she found the truth in his eyes. He wanted to take it back; he did take it back. While she held her breath and hoped that she could find her words, and that they wouldn’t sound ridiculous in the wake of her stay, he had let his words disintegrate.

The moment was gone.

In an instant, fear can consume you. It can make you refrain from disclosure, from the truth. You may hold your tongue or reel in its wag. Once it is fixed, fear can thrive in you for years, feeding off of regret, recycling into a fierce energy…anger.

It can destroy.

Or you may gain experience, chalk it up to another missed cue. You can allow yourself to forgive, provide another the opportunity to atone. Understand that when acknowledged, fear can guide you. You can turn it around and fear can provide additional strength to push you beyond previous expectations, to rise above limitations.

What has become of them?

Over 2500 miles travelled between the lines, their lives. They both stand as a movable marker for a moment, a slide rule for a decision. They are not broken, but both are damaged. Each has a life filled with family, friends, knowledge, achievements, and failed attempts. Of course, there is a portion of their lives of which the other is aware, a fraction that they speculate. But, neither knows that the other will occasionally recall that moment, reflecting on, but never regretting, its purpose.







p.s. nemo.

4,838 comments:

1 – 200 of 4838   Newer›   Newest»
elena said...

Hello Mayo

It is good to see you, again. You have been missed.

elena said...

And as glad as I am to see you back you still make my head hurt!

Terminus? The poem? Nemo? The captain? (unless you're looking for the fish)

I don't know. Suppose it really doesn't matter that I don't. It's just good to read your words again. I hope you're well.

Anonymous said...

:) Hi Mayo. It is good to read your words again.

ergoproxy said...

Hello Mayo!!!

Wow how lovely to see you.
Now I have to read your post again a few times.

Morning Elena and anon

elena said...

Hey Anon and Ergo

Yeah it was pretty weird clicking on Mayonaise and seeing a new post. Uh, I sorta blurted out "Holy shit, he posted" That would not have been so bad had I been alone but mom's here. My bad!

Anyway, I pulled up Terminus by Emerson and read it. Wow, I remember this poem. My grandma memorized poems. She used to recite them to me at night when I stayed with her. I remember her reciting this one. It was really weird because when I started to read it I could hear her voice. You know for year I just thought she was making them up. LOL

Anonymous said...

And thank you Mayo. For the road and for the post quem.

ergoproxy said...

There is one moment in my life, that I still to this day occasionally wonder, may have changed everything. It happened when I was about 19. I had an opportunity but nerves and fear made me dismiss it. Events it precipitated were both positive and negative, probably erring more to the negative, at least in the short term.
I wonder if it was a turning point, or a learning point, I still wonder if it would be different, had I taken the chance, or if my life still would have turned to place me where I am today.
I wonder if they do too.

ergoproxy said...

How's it going elena?

Welshie said...

'ello:)

elena said...

I try not to dwell on moments that could have changed everything. Yes, I've had a few but why think about what could or could not have been? The past is past and it can't be changed. To me, you either choose to move on or you risk becoming stuck in the past. You know when I think about it that's probably not the best way to look at it. I'm sure it's important to remember; sometimes it's impossible not to - as much as I wish this wasn't true.

And way too much thought going into this right now. I've got to go rescue an old 1950's pinball machine from the barn. I've decided I want it in the family room. Now I just have to figure out how to move it.

Take care everyone.

ergoproxy said...

Hi welshie, how are you?

This post is about asking someone to marry isn't it?

ergoproxy said...

I think everyone's life has those moments, and lots of them. I only have that one that I would be curious about, though knowing what I know now I am very satisfied that I made the right decision. I think it's more the circumstances around and after it that make me wonder, but now it's more just a long ago memory.

Don't you hurt yourself moving that pinball machine!!
But having one in the lounge would be very very cool.

I got to have a go on an excavator yesterday, it was so much fun, you can swing around and around in circles, it's like a show ride! Plus I just love hydraulics and working out how to move the boom and the bucket. Hubby wouldn't let me dig up the workshop yard though. Spoilsport.
One of those in the lounge probably wouldn't be good though.

Welshie said...

Thanks for posting Mayo. Very kind of you, very kind indeed:)
Haven't a bloody clue what you're on about mate but that doesn't matter, it's just good to see you.

Hi Elena:)
Hi Ergo:)

I'm ok I think Ergo, been better, but yeah I'm ok.

Anonymous said...

This is me for forever
One of the lost ones
The one without a name
Without an honest heart
as compass

This is me for forever
One without a name
These lines the last endeavor
To find the missing lifeline

Oh how I wish
For soothing rain
All I wish is to dream again
My loving heart
Lost in the dark
For hope I'd give my eveything

My flower, withered between
The pages 2 and 3
The once and forever bloom
gone with my sins

Walk the dark path
Sleep with angels
Call the past for help
Touch me with your love
And reveal to me my true name




Oh how I wish
For soothing rain
All I wish is to dream again
My loving heart
Lost in the dark
For hope I'd give my eveything
Oh, how I wish
For soothing rain
Oh how I wish to dream again
Once and for all
And all for once
Nemo my name forevermore


Nemo sailing home

Nemo letting go



Oh, how I wish. . .

Welshie said...

Been a long day. I'm tired.

*waves goodbye*

ergoproxy said...

Oh I hadn't ever heard of that song, thanks anon

ergoproxy said...

Bye welshie, sleep well and hope you feel well rested & have good day tomorrow

elena said...

Mission Rescue Pinball Machine aborted. Damn thing must weigh 300 pounds. Will wait until Mr E gets home.

Anonymous said...

"Terminus post quem and the related terminus ante quem are terms used to give an approximate date for a text. Terminus post quem is used to indicate the earliest point in time when the text may have been written, while Terminus ante quem signifies the latest date at which a text may have been written."

Hey Mayo, long time no read. :)

Anonymous said...

or

Definition of TERMINUS
1
: a final goal : a finishing point

2
: a post or stone marking a boundary

3
: either end of a transportation line or travel route; also : the station, town, or city at such a place : terminal


4
: an extreme point or element


It may also be used to describe the end of a road.

Anonymous said...

Terminus post quem is Latin for "limit, time or point after which" :)

ergoproxy said...

Terminus is also the name of a new commercial precinct in the next town up from me.


Elena - good idea I think

I just got back from getting my hair recoloured, we did it a bit differently, I have splices of deep auburn/mahogany red under the black. Turned out just how I wanted.

toujours said...

mayo, elena texted me today that you had posted. i about fainted dead away! my department manager even asked me what had happened. :)

i wasn't sure if i should make a comment; i'm not a part of this community anymore (though i have dear friends here still), but the draw of your words is, as always, irresistible. i've really missed reading you. i didn’t even realize fully how much until i was sitting here engaged in it once again. i've missed being surprised by what you have to share, and missed the delight of the exploration, of letting the meaning arise from the skeins you've laid out. there is a beauty to the way you write, and a comfort, and i can't explain it any better than that.

so, it's very good to read you again. :)

as for what you wrote, hindsight always plays a part in understanding threshold moments, don’t you think? it seems the usual pattern is to look back after many years and only then see the precise moment it all changed. it’s murkier while we’re living them, i think...and yet, sometimes we can get a sense of it, as we step through the doorway into a new world.

i feel as though i have, these last couple of years, and sometimes that’s what frustrates me the most, because just how wide is this damn doorway anyway, and when am i going to emerge on the other side? but regardless whether one is aware of it or not, i think you’re spot on with how fear is always a companion of those moments. or maybe more a companion of all the moments afterwards, when you’ve stepped through and are standing on the pathless shore.

for me, i find i have to learn how to be patient with just how slow going forward is sometimes, that sometimes it feels a lot like standing still. and i’m struggling to listen to the fear, to let it spur me up the hill, rather than let it consume me. it’s messy, though – or maybe i am, in living it!

but i like your title, and the anon’s suggestion at 11:27, that it could mean a boundary stone. i like that, it makes me think of a little weathered menhir, half-hidden in grass at the side of a dusty road, letting us know where we are and marked with the miles yet to travel.

and i’m happy to have the chance to be inspired by your words again, and ramble my rambles among them. thank you, mayo, for everything.

toujours said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ergoproxy said...

HI TJ good to see you again.
Life is always a journey, & like Mayo's story, one pathway ends, yet it's the beginning of another.

toujours said...

and a stumbling bumbling ramble it was too, what with the double post and mistakenly attributing the boundary post comment to a non-existent 11:27 rather than its proper spot at 11:47!

ah, well.

i also wanted to say hello to everyone while i'm here, and thank elena again for the update - it was just like old times to see that phrase in a text!

take care, welshie, ergo, and elena. i'll be writing emails soon (i promise!), so please don't think i've allowed myself to fall off the face of the earth! it's just been a rough month.

talk to you all soon. :)

toujours said...

hello, ergo. :)

it's true. my ex liked to use an image from a dream he had once, of a mouse toiling along, nose to the ground, seeing only the dirt and the things right in front of him. but high up above, floating on an air current, was an eagle, and he could see the entire road stretched out from horizon to horizon, shining and golden.

it's always easier to be the mouse, but we have to remind ourselves to be the eagle, too. :)

sorry i've been so silent lately, ergo, hope to talk with you soon! glad i was able to wish you a happy birthday, though. :)

ergoproxy said...

No worries TJ
I do like the mouse and eagle analogy, but the same token it is still important to be the mouse and take in small details as well as the big picture.
Mouse moments balanced with eagle moments, that's what we all need!
Have a good weekend

elena said...

After much sweet talking Mr E has agreed to have his friends help him move the Pinball machine to the house tomorrow. Super excited it is so cool.

Ergo you hair sounds awesome. Would love to see a pic.

Well back to watching Robocop. Love those 80's movies.


Night everyone

Night Mayo

elena said...

TJ

SORRY didn't see you

Good to see you here. I have missed you

ergoproxy said...

I'll add a pic when I can, it sorta hides unless my hair moves.
I want a pic of the pinball machine in the lounge too

sweet dreams elena

Anonymous said...

Sufferin succotash!

ergoproxy said...

or

Thuffering Thuccotash

Anonymous said...

He wanted to take it back; he did take it back.

Lost opportunity for what may have been true love. Sorry, Mayo. =(

Anonymous said...

LOL

elena said...

Good Morning Everyone

Today is gonna be a beautiful day. I just know it. I'm off in search for treasure at garage sales.

Hope everyone has a great day too.

Take care.

Sapientia said...

Permissum is intereo.

Piscis piscis
Vero in a orbis
Vado nusquam.

Vos postulo impetro a vita.

Serio.

:) said...

Never knew I could feel like this
Like I've never seen the sky before
I want to vanish inside your kiss
Every day I Love You more and more

Listen to my heart, can you hear it sing
Telling me to give you everything
Seasons may change, winter to spring
But I Love You, until the end of time

Come what may
Come what may
I will Love You
Until my dying day

Suddenly the world seems such a perfect place
Suddenly it moves with such a perfect grace
Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste
It all revolves around you

And there's no mountain too high
No river too wide
Sing out this song,
I'll be there by your side

Storm clouds may gather
And stars may collide
But I Love You, I Love You,
Until the end of time

Oh, come what may, come what may
I will Love You, until my dying day
Oh come what may, come what may
I will Love You, I will Love You

Suddenly the world seems such a perfect place

Come what may
Come what may
I will Love You
Until my dying day

ergoproxy said...

good morning!

Hope you found some cool stuff elena

I'm off fishing today, the weekend is my birthday choice. Last night we had a restaurant at home, rather than drive into town. Set the table with flowers, candles and I printed off a menu (limited choice though lol) and we all dressed up. It was fun. Now BG wants to run one for Father's Day.

Everyone have a great day!!

elena said...

Have fun fishing, Ergo. I haven't been in years but the girls fish in our pond now and then.

I did get some great books today. Right now I'm looking through an art book by Jonathan Winters. I really love his work. It's very unique.

i know nemo said...

I don't feel like reading latin today. I have a headache and that'll make it worse. ;)

elena said...

Sorry your head hurts, nemo knower

i know nemo said...

Thank you.
I would take something for it but ego operor ignoro sapientia.

Mr. Nobody said...

Been watching Jared Leto, Mayo? Cool movie.

Anonymous said...

We can not go back
that's why it's hard to choose

You have to make the right choice

As long as you don't choose everything remains possible


i'm not afraid of dying. i'm afraid i haven't been alive enough.

Anonymous said...

As long as you don't choose everything remains possible



*but nothing remains real.















^.~

Anonymous said...

Exactly.

Nemo said...

Each of these lives is the right one! Every path is the right path. Everything could have been everything else and it will have just as much meaning.

Anonymous said...

Where is Mya, I mean Jared Leto hating anon during this post? She must be going crazy!!

i know nemo said...

and Nemo knows nothing!


Every path is the right path.


*pfffft*

Then why do so many people get lost? ;)

i know nemo said...

*forgot we were bringing latin back*


Nemo teneo nusquam! ;)

Amyranth said...

The only part of Finding Nemo that I remember is the seagulls. And that's all I can think of now when I see seagulls. I remember an old cartoon with submarines and something to do with Nemo as well.

I also confused Terminus with the name of the suicide drink from Children of Men. It was called Quietus though.

None of that really means anything though. :/

i know nemo said...

Nihilum? Nihil?


*my latin is rusty*

i know nemo said...

the suicide drink from Children of Men. It was called Quietus

O_O

Approp name for a suicide drink.




*thinks about own question for a few*

Then why do so many people get lost?

*finds plausible answer @ August 27, 2010 7:26 PM*

No honest heart as compass?

Could be.

In order to follow your own heart you must first know your own heart.

To know your own heart you must first examine what's inside. Get to know your hearts' truth. Learn to know yourself.

Then you can have an honest heart as compass to guide you along your path. :)

i know nemo said...

*is a couch philospher*

honest heart said...

i know nemo,

you speak some truth there. i know my heart, have examined it thoroughly, and have discovered what's inside. and what's inside is a wondrous thing that i thought would never be. it is a magical feeling.

Anonymous said...

" Amyranth said...
The only part of Finding Nemo that I remember is the seagulls."


LMAO. Not FINDING Nemo you ass.

Anonymous said...

HURP DE DURP. I LIKE CARTOONS ABOUT FISH.

Anonymous said...

Lovelies figuring out Mayo's posts.

Anonymous said...

Jealous 10:15?

Did someone fail *nemo's couch philosophy 101* along with socialogy?

Nemo age 9 said...

You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

Nemo Nobody aged 118 said...

I've got nothing to say to you. I'm Mr. Nobody, a man who doesn't exist.

Anonymous said...

How would that be jealousy, it was hysterical. I felt a little embarassed for Amyranth but still hysterical....

Anonymous said...

Who would name their child No one Nobody?

That's just cruel.

i know nemo said...

Elena mentioned both Nemo the fish and Nemo the captain.

Personally, I loved Finding Nemo.

That little fish with lame fin found his heart, himself and his way back home.

i know nemo said...

honest heart said...
i know nemo,
you speak some truth there. i know my heart, have examined it thoroughly, and have discovered what's inside. and what's inside is a wondrous thing that i thought would never be. it is a magical feeling.


:) It is a magical feeling to know ones own heart. To realize what was discovered within is not the end of the path or journey. It's a new and honest beginning.

honest heart said...

Nemo did find his heart. It left an echo of truth and love so that he could find it.

i know nemo said...

Goodnight HH.

Goodnight anons.

Goodnight bloggers.

Goodnight blog.

Goodnight nemo.

Anonymous said...

Goodnight John Boy.

Goodnight Moon.

hh said...

goodnight ikn.

elena said...

Goodnight one and all

ergoproxy said...

Hi Ho

Had a good day fishing, didn't catch anything to keep, but had good fun despite a cold wind. BG caught a lot, toad fish unfortunately, but big ones so great to hook and pull in.

I love Finding Nemo, I think it is a beautifully made movie and a lovely story. I can't see seagulls without thinking "mine, mine,mine" but I love the 2 crabs, a tiny part but they are great.

i know nemo said...

For nemo.
somewhere
beyond the sea

ergoproxy said...

good morning!

Anon616 said...

Hello Mayo!!! How the heck are you? Well and good, I hope!

Hello ~ also ~ to Elena, Ergo, Amy, :), all fish and Nightwish lovers, TJ, etc...


Five years ago today, St. Bernard Parish:

~~100 percent devastation; but, DREAMS can be rebuilt!~~

My brother in law was from Chalmette. His mother and sister still lived there at time Katrina hit. Both lost their homes... and everything that they did not take with them when they evacuated. My sister's mother in law only brought a few changes of clothes, her two little pomeranians and the "papers" she thought she would need for a 3 day stay at a hotel in Texas when she evacuated with my sister, BIL, Bre and Jude (and their dogs) 2 days before.

Everything else, including all her family photos, was lost when the flood walls/levees in St. Bernard failed.

Needless to say, that "three day stay" turned into a week plus stay before they could even get back into Southeast Louisiana. It was another 7 months before she received her FEMA trailer. She lived with my sister and BIL until her trailer request was finally approved.



And, a message from VOODOO:

~~Five years ago New Orleans and the Gulf Coast region were slammed by Hurricanes Katrina and Rita, endangering one of the greatest cities in the world. Through the sheer spirit of the people of New Orleans and an inherent love of celebration, culture, music and food, people continue to band together to restore and rebuild their beloved city. Just six weeks after New Orleans was evacuated in 2005, the Voodoo Experience was the first major public celebration of everything the city stands for. Held on the banks of the Mississippi River behind Audubon Zoo, it was an emotional day for everyone who attended.

Since then, we as a city have experienced great highs from the Saints winning the Super Bowl to terrible lows of deplorable irresponsibility and failure with the BP Horizon explosion.

Throughout it all the voices and instruments of New Orleans musicians have traveled the world as ambassadors representing the citizens that many have tried to forget. Today as we remember and honor, it gives us great pleasure to announce a special addition to the 2010 Voodoo line-up: Dr. John will join the Voices of the Wetlands All Stars. Stationed at his piano, Dr. John will accompany musicians and activists Tab Benoit, Cyril Neville, Waylon Thibodeaux, Big Chief Bourdreaux, John Vidacovich and Johnny Sansone. It will be an extraordinary performance, a beautiful celebration and reminder that we must come together through the music to protect our home, resources and each other.
~~

A special thank you to Trent Reznor/Nine Inch Nails, The New York Dolls, The Bravery, Cowboy Mouth, Kermit Ruffins, Jon Cleary, Queens of the Stone Age and Saul Williams for playing in NOLA, on the river, for that VOODOO Experience... free of charge to "those firefighters, police officers, city officials, volunteers and residents who bravely offered assistance".

~~Trent Reznor performs HURT for the React Now Katrina Benefit~~

That's all for now. Take care and enjoy the evening, everyone!!!

Hugs and Much Love,
~Namaste~
6/Wendy

Anon616 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anon616 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anon616 said...

Ooops! Sorry, Mayo! I know I only hit that publish button ONCE!

I shall clean up my mess right now!

elena said...

Goodnight everyone

Anonymous said...

The Moonlight Walk

LOVED of my soul! when through the lapse of years

Thou dost recall the scenes of by-gone days, And o'er the chequered path of smiles and tears,

Of clouds and sunshine, thou dost backward gaze ;

When memory does disperse the misty haze
Which veils the past, and busy retrospect,

Full many a form from hence removed, displays,
Consigned to cold oblivion's dark neglect;
Thoul't then on him! who wrote these feeble lines, reflect.

I ask thee not to cloud a mirthful hour,
By vain repinings after pleasures past,

But there are moments when reflection's power,
Like a soft soothing spell, its chains does cast,
And binds the rapt imagination fast;

When voices hush'd in death around do steal,
And scenes of youth, too beautiful to last,

So fraught with joy, does memory reveal,

And as we felt in those bright days, again we feel.




Oh ! 'tis delightful, 'mid life's sterile waste,
To pause in our career, and backward look;

Of pleasures fled for aye again to taste,
To roam in fancy by the gurgling brook,
Through many a haunt of childhood long forsook ;

To ope tho treasure-house of memory,

Where,—as bloom violets in some silvan nook,

Loading with sweets the gale which passed by,—

The heart's best feelings and emotions hidden lie.

Old time steals on, and as our years increase,

Increase the cares with which this world abounds,
Oh I may it be to thee, a scene of peace,

Of gladsome sights, and joy-diffusing sounds;

And as the seasons slow revolve their rounds,
May each to thee, increase of pleasure bring,

No'er mayst thou gaze upon griefs dark profounds,
Ne'er aught of sorrow to thy spirit cling,
Or clouds across thy path, their gloomsome shadow fling.



from
The ocean queen, and other poems, by Nemo
By Henry Gardiner Adams

ergoproxy said...

sweet dreams elena (bit late lol, you're probably getting up)

Nice poem anon

goodnight all!!

Anonymous said...

it's good to be alive,

to be alive,

to be alive

it's good to be alive,

Anonymous said...

born


born












born

Anonymous said...

born to be
alive

Anonymous said...

░░П┌┐П(◢_◣)П┌┐П░░

Anonymous said...

It's on bitches!
ba ba ba ba ba ba
Back that mother up
Make it work Jimmy
cause tramps like us
baby we were born to run

ergoproxy said...

hello anyone :]

Anonymous said...

Message In a Bottle

Dear SS,

This is the only place I have left to talk with you, and even this place is compromised. I hate that more than anything that's happened, that I don't feel safe talking to you anymore, anywhere. The number of "hits" on our profile has risen drastically since we were shoved out of the Big House. Yet, the number of comments doesn't match. You can see what I'm thinking here, can't you?

Enough of that. I wanted to talk with you like old times. How're you doing? I caught your location reference yesterday. ;) Nice, that. Rather inspired. Then again, you've always been a clever thing.

Since I haven't been posting, I've been doing a lot of reading, and a fair amount of writing, too. I decided to read American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis. Have you read it? I could've sworn I read it when it was first published, but I can't remember. Let me tell you, if you haven't read it, the two words that best describe it are pornographic and violent. Lots of detail as well, but that doesn't get to me. In fact, the sex commentary sounds a lot like what I write. Which leads into the writing I've been doing...nope, sorry, no details here. Save that for another time. I have written a poem for you, though, it's a "miss you" poem. Wish you could read it, but I just don't feel comfortable posting it publicly.

We did go see Henry Rollins last Sunday. It was a marvelous show; he spoke for almost three and a half hours. Nonstop. And only took two sips of water. The man is unstoppable. He talked of his travels to foreign countries like Pakistan, Lebanon, Africa, etc, and the people he's met there. He was eight miles from where Benizir Bhutto died, on the day she died. He's done some brave, amazing things. He's also extremely funny, and humble, so humble you'd never know he was "somebody". He refers to himself as "a grey-haired, 47-year-old man". But he never stops working.

The things he's seen make the incidents at Mayo's look horribly blown out of proportion.

After all this time, I'd like to think you know me well enough to know I'm not capable of doing the things of which I've been accused. We've become close over the past six months; I believe in you, I have faith in you, I love you. I'm hoping that you still believe in, have faith in, and love me too.

You know I'm an email away, if you feel you can do that.

I miss you, precious. Take care of yourself, because I'm not there to do it for you.

Its all about the love, even now. Right?

Goodnight, babydoll.

J

P.S. Almost forgot! We're now going to TWO MCR shows, May 2 and May 4. We're both really excited about those trips. We're going to try to meet the guys again, like we did in Charlotte. Maybe, with some luck, that'll happen...

Anonymous said...

Message In a Bottle

Dear SS,

This is the only place I have left to talk with you, and even this place is compromised. I hate that more than anything that's happened, that I don't feel safe talking to you anymore, anywhere. The number of "hits" on our profile has risen drastically since we were shoved out of the Big House. Yet, the number of comments doesn't match. You can see what I'm thinking here, can't you?

Enough of that. I wanted to talk with you like old times. How're you doing? I caught your location reference yesterday. ;) Nice, that. Rather inspired. Then again, you've always been a clever thing.

Since I haven't been posting, I've been doing a lot of reading, and a fair amount of writing, too. I decided to read American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis. Have you read it? I could've sworn I read it when it was first published, but I can't remember. Let me tell you, if you haven't read it, the two words that best describe it are pornographic and violent. Lots of detail as well, but that doesn't get to me. In fact, the sex commentary sounds a lot like what I write. Which leads into the writing I've been doing...nope, sorry, no details here. Save that for another time. I have written a poem for you, though, it's a "miss you" poem. Wish you could read it, but I just don't feel comfortable posting it publicly.

We did go see Henry Rollins last Sunday. It was a marvelous show; he spoke for almost three and a half hours. Nonstop. And only took two sips of water. The man is unstoppable. He talked of his travels to foreign countries like Pakistan, Lebanon, Africa, etc, and the people he's met there. He was eight miles from where Benizir Bhutto died, on the day she died. He's done some brave, amazing things. He's also extremely funny, and humble, so humble you'd never know he was "somebody". He refers to himself as "a grey-haired, 47-year-old man". But he never stops working.

The things he's seen make the incidents at Mayo's look horribly blown out of proportion.

After all this time, I'd like to think you know me well enough to know I'm not capable of doing the things of which I've been accused. We've become close over the past six months; I believe in you, I have faith in you, I love you. I'm hoping that you still believe in, have faith in, and love me too.

You know I'm an email away, if you feel you can do that.

I miss you, precious. Take care of yourself, because I'm not there to do it for you.

Its all about the love, even now. Right?

Goodnight, babydoll.

J

P.S. Almost forgot! We're now going to TWO MCR shows, May 2 and May 4. We're both really excited about those trips. We're going to try to meet the guys again, like we did in Charlotte. Maybe, with some luck, that'll happen...

Anonymous said...

Where did you find out about when they would be touring? I can't find it anywhere.

Anonymous said...

That's an old post, from 2008, that somebody swiped from OPJ's blog.

"Somebody". I'll give you three guesses who, and the first two won't be right.

Anonymous said...

Fimble Star, Kapunua....

Oh wait you said the first two WOULDNT be right sorry. My bad.

Or Sdock or Smoke.

Anonymous said...

J and SS really were close weren't they. I hope he still goes to her blog to talk to her. I don't think a friendship such as that can ever be broken.

Anonymous said...

*sighs*

Anonymous said...

K, Fimble, Sdock, and Smoke could give two shits about this blog. You just keep telling yourself they care enough to do anything like that.

Anonymous said...

I hope he still goes to her blog to talk to her.


Nope. He chats with her on the phone and on the weekend he goes over to her house for Sunday dinner. That's when they sit on the blanket and look at stars.

Anonymous said...

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐


and walk on.

Anonymous said...

^100 :)

Anonymous said...

But I'm still...

Anonymous said...

K, Fimble, Sdock, and Smoke could give two shits about this blog. You just keep telling yourself they care enough to do anything like that.




Is that why all of you are STILL HERE.?

Anonymous said...

:) Hi 12:40. How's you?

Anonymous said...

AMEN!

Anonymous said...

THEY aren't.

Anonymous said...

They WHO aren't WHAT?

Anonymous said...

could give two shits about this blog


Whoever THEY are should go to the bathroom to give two shits. Really people. No one needs to see that.


Unless you meant could not give two shits. Meaning they don't care.

Anonymous said...

Goodnight. :)

elena said...

Goodnight all

ergoproxy said...

goodnight everyone!

ergoproxy said...

goooooood morning!!

Anonymous said...

SS hasn't been around since November last year. About nine months. Just sayin.

Anonymous said...

That comment addressed to SS is from 2008. It was copied from the OPs blog & pasted here.
Just sayin.


Can anyone explain why people still feel the need to do shit like that?

Anonymous said...

Are they still trying to embarrass the OPs or are they just trying to make Mayo's as uncomfortable as possible for the people who still post here. And for Mayo.

Anonymous said...

Does it really matter?

Anonymous said...

Yes. I think it does matter. Answers matter to me.
Asking the questions matters to me.



Why are they still doing things like that?
What motivates them to do it?
What drives them?

What are they hoping to accomplish by doing those things?

Anonymous said...

What is their terminus calx?

6:46/49/7:25/28 said...

*is a student of human nature*

Anonymous said...

Keep asking questions and you'll never stop learning. ;)

Anonymous said...

Brad Pitt to narrate New Orleans Saints documentary

Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Posted by Kristina Lopez at


Brad Pitt has been tapped to narrate a documentary about the New Orleans Saints' Super Bowl victory called America’s Game: 2009 New Orleans Saints, reports The Associated Press.

The film will debut on the NFL network on September 8, a day before the first game of the regular season for the Saints. He joins a long list of celebrities who have narrated the America’s Game series, including Alec Baldwin, Morgan Freeman and Bruce Willis.

Recently, the actor made a comment saying he would have considered having people responsible for the BP oil spill executed if he was in power. While he usually opposes capital punishment, he said he would make an exception if he could.

FOX News quoted the 46-year-old actor as making his comments during Spike Lee's new documentary If God Is Willing And Da Creek Don't Rise, which tells of the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina and marks its fifth anniversary.

When asked about his remarks, Pitt, who has been involved in rebuilding part of New Orleans and is sometimes photographed there with partner Angelina Jolie and their children, said: "I was never for the death penalty before - I am willing to look at it again," the news agency reported.

Anonymous said...

Goodnight. :)

Anonymous said...

OMG, Kath finished her tour, posted on her site, and then lo and behold, a new Mayo post. Can we not all say, hey, well done, GV? Seriously?

Anonymous said...

What is kath's site btw? I'd like to read about her tour.

Anonymous said...

I'm assuming it was a palm reading/spiritual tour and not a singing one.

Is she still known as the rock star psychic?

Anonymous said...

You still say no? You can't see it's her?

Anonymous said...

Nevermind 1:25. I found it.

Ah but you speak with a forked tongue.

Kath never disappeared from blogger. She's posted a minimum of 2 posts a month since at least Jan.

It's good to see she had an enlightening tour. :)

Anonymous said...

No, no forked tongue, no subterfuge, which I think isn't even spelled right. I have ALWAYS thought Mayo was GV, and have given my hosannas to her.

Anonymous said...

OMG, Kath finished her tour, posted on her site, and then lo and behold, a new Mayo post.


^the forked tongue


If Kath never stopped posting at her blog during her tour then there is no lo and behold concerning this new Mayo post.

She continued to post blogs at as usual the hapless romantic fool all this time so she could have been posting here too. If she was Mayo.

Lo and behold nothing.

Anonymous said...

Katherine has made 21 posts for 2010.

Mayo has made 1.


Lo.
Behold.


Night. :)

Anonymous said...

O.K. she still rules.

Anonymous said...

:) said...
at last

August 29, 2010 12:33

Has anyone ever told you you have a lovely smile? :)

ergoproxy said...

morning..morning..morning!! :]

Anonymous said...

Afternoon, afternoon, afternoon! :)

Anonymous said...

:D

Anonymous said...

They still want it to be Gerard. So they sign out and pretend it is. If it was Katherine they'd all look and feel stupid. Used.

But you notice that once it became obvious Mayo was Katherine, Frank stopped coming around.

Yes, SS was Frank. He was always on S//C when SS was posting and a lot of the times they were talking about the same thing. (Frank in s//c shouted out "the blog people" and mentioned reading Ghandi, AFTER SS said the exact same thing).

But Mayo is Kath.

I think SS tolerated the OPS because he tolerated a LOT back then. Once they showed how obsessed they were, especially J (she lost it that time he forgot to mention her, she flipped out on him a few times) he started to keep his distance.

I don't think he's ever gone to their blog.

Once he saw that there was nothing really interesting going on with this blog and it wasn't Gerard, he left.

Anonymous said...

So, Frank was only interested in Gerard? How fic. D'aww! ;*

Anonymous said...

OMG! Lo and behold! Eureka!

The cyber sexing that went on here must have been SS and Mayo.

SS//Frank must have still thought that Mayo was Gerard.

SS//Frank must have felt so used and disappointed after that. :(

Anonymous said...

;p

Anonymous said...

But you notice that once it became obvious Mayo was Katherine, Frank stopped coming around.



It took Frank 2 years to figure out that Mayo wasn't Gerard.

Boi. Frank and Gerard must not be as close as some of you think if it took him that long to see what was so obvious to you.

Anonymous said...

So...see if a have this right. Frank comes to a blog thinking it's Gerard to speak to Gerard generally about nothing, while he was touring and involved in making a record with him.

Anonymous said...

We got Larry and Moe. All we need now is Curly.










*pops popcorn in anticipation of Curly's arrival*

Anonymous said...

That's right 11:42. According to 10:54.



It makes so much sense doesn't it.

Anonymous said...

The cyber sexing that went on here must have been SS and Mayo.



Wow, isn't SS special?

Anonymous said...

That could go both ways.

SS could have thought Mayo was special. ;)

Anonymous said...

11:42,

You forgot about the part where SS//Frank left the blogs due to disinterest once he realized that Mayo//Gerard wasn't //Gerard.

Anonymous said...

Moe! Larry! The cheese!! Wub Wub Woo! Woooo!

Anonymous said...

I just wish Mayo and SS would fess up and tell everyone who they are. It's not like people here would lose it.Yeah, they would.

Anonymous said...

I think Frank hung on for a while after he realized it wasn't Gerard. But his first few anonymous posts are still out there. He did care back then but I think their friendship really broke up. Unlike some others I do believe it was just a friendship and I never thought they slept together like some people here thought they did.

Anonymous said...

"I just wish Mayo and SS would fess up and tell everyone who they are. It's not like people here would lose it.Yeah, they would."


They would. The fall out when Kath first said she was Mayo? The way years later some people here still cling to Mayo thinking it's Gerard?

It would be like a messy divorce.

anima said...

*waves*

Hi!

I kind of can't believe Mayo posted...a little in shock actually.

Hoping all of you are doing so above the top awesome.

Talk to you soon. :)

anima said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
anima said...

Oops sorry...i didn't mean to delete that.

In sum I said I missed you guys and etc..

Goodnight.

Anonymous said...

Goodnight. :)

ergoproxy said...

ANIMA!!!!
hello *waves back*
good to see you, I am really well thanks and I hope you are too, miss you as well.
xx

Anonymous said...

Hello, Anima. It is good to see you again. :)

elena said...

Good Morning Everyone

Anima, great to see you!

Anonymous said...

Hey ey
hey ey ey ey
hey ey ey ey
:)

ergoproxy said...

Good morning! Just made it in before it's afternoon.

elena said...

Goodnight everyone

Anonymous said...

Goodnight. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Jappy Anniversay, Mayo!

ergoproxy said...

good morning!

Gosh it is the anniversary! I didn't even notice. That'd be 3 years, wow!

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

oh oh oh


I was thinkin about her,

thinkin about me.

hey

thinkin about us,

ay

what we gonna beee ?

oh

Open my eyes,

yeah;

it was only just a dreammmm

elena said...

Leather

Oh the possibilities!

Anonymous said...

Take me into your arms

If just a dreamscape

set free from harm



Oh how i miss you

so long to hold you

i've lost the meaning

of what was love



Now i spend lifetimes

ruled by my bloodlust

in search of answers

that don't exist



Although i cry for you

no tears can make it through

My final sunset

etched in my mind

Anonymous said...

If you ever loved somebody put your hands up.

:) said...

My hand is up.

It was written that I would love you
From the moment I opened my eyes
And the morning when I first saw you
Gave me life under calico skies
I will hold you for as long as you like
I'll hold you for the rest of my life

Always looking for ways to love you
Never failing to fight at your side
While the angels of love protect us
From the innermost secrets we hide
I'll hold you for as long as you like
I'll hold you for the rest of my life

ergoproxy said...

always possibilities with leather!

*hand up too*

Anonymous said...

‎"Results and Roses" by Edgar Guest

"The man who wants a garden fair,
Or small or very big,
With flowers growing here and there,
...Must bend his back and dig.

The things are mighty few on the earth
That wishes can attain.
Whatever we want of any worth
We've got to work to gain.

It matters not what goal you seek
Its secret here reposes:
You've got to dig from week to week
To get Results or Roses."

elena said...

Watching Stan Lee' s Super Hero's show. I love Stan.

Night everyone

Take care

Happy anniversary Mayo

Anonymous said...

With a :) that innocent looking I wouldn't think you'd like Nelly or vampires :) said.

You need a nassier smile with fangs.
Ò""Ó
'╥╥'


Raise your hands if you like pleather.

Anonymous said...

Nice choice 1:44. :)

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...

Duty by Edgar Guest


To do your little bit of toil,
To play life's game with head erect;
To stoop to nothing that would soil
Your honor or your self-respect;
To win what gold and fame you can,
But first of all to be a man.

To know the bitter and the sweet,
The sunshine and the days of rain;
To meet both victory and defeat,
Nor boast too loudly nor complain;
To face whatever fates befall
And be a man throughout it all.

To seek success in honest strife,
But not to value it so much
That, winning it, you go through life
Stained by dishonor's scarlet touch.
What goal or dream you choose, pursue,
But be a man whate'er you do!




Happy Labor Day WKND bb! :)

Anonymous said...

Is today Mayonaise's 3rd anniversary//3rd birthday of the blog?

I forgot if it was Sept 4 or Sept 5 2007 and the 1st post is no longer there. :/




Happy Anniversary//Birthday blog! :)

Anonymous said...

Did anybody else have as much fun as I playing with the player on the MCR site?


On the first part of the journey
I was looking at all the life
There were plants and birds and rocks and things
There was sand and hills and rings
The first thing I met was a fly with a buzz
And the sky with no clouds
The heat was hot and the ground was dry
But the air was full of sound

I've been through the desert on a horse with no name
It felt good to be out of the rain
In the desert you can remember your name
'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain

elena said...

rdyougoiofLOL 3:06

I can't get that song out of my head now.

Mr. E gave me a strange look when I started to sing it.

Oh well, I shall embrace my crazy. I would have told him why the song was stuck in my head but then I know he would have rolled his eyes. So to help his eyes stay in place I remained silent.

Night night

elena said...

What the hell is that before 3:06?

I have never seen blogger do that before.

Wow strange things are afoot at the Circle K.

ergoproxy said...

sweet dreams elena

hi anon, of all the things it does, that one is a song I have always really disliked.lol

Amyranth said...

Happy birthday Mayo. I hope you saw Scott Pilgrim VS The World.

It was great.

-A

ergoproxy said...

what elena?

ergoproxy said...

hi Amy, sweet dreams

Anonymous said...

Leather

Oh the possibilities!


Maybe you can use it to gag him and we would never hear from him again!

One can only hope...

elena said...

Ergo taking about weird letters that popped up in my comment

Anyway anon I can't use leather on Mayo in that way.


At least I don't think so. LOL

Ok gotta go to bed now

Take care everyone

Anonymous said...

Goodnight :)

Anonymous said...

giddy up

ergoproxy said...

Oh I see, I was wondering what you meant by that, but then I thought you meant before 3:06's comment when you posted after. *facepalm*


A leather gag anon? You're kinkier than you're letting on!

Anonymous said...

Do you wanna be an angel
Do you wanna be a star
Do you wanna play some magic
On my guitar
Do you wanna be a poet
Do you wanna be my string
You could be anything

Do you wanna be the lover of another undercover
You could even be the
Man on the moon

Do you wanna be the player
Do you wanna be the string
Let me tell you something
It just don't mean a thing

You see it really doesn't matter
When you're buried in disguise
By the dark gloss on your eyes
Though your flesh has crystalliZed
Still...you turn me on

Do you wanna be the pillow
Where I lay my head
Do you wanna be the feathers
Lying IN my bed
Do you wanna be the cover
Of a magazine
Create a scene

Every day a little sadder
A little madder
Someone get me a ladder

Do you wanna be the singer
Do you wanna be the song
Let me tell you something
You just couldn't be more wrong

You see I really have to tell you
That it all gets so intense
From my experience
It just doesn't seem to make sense
Still...you turn me on

Anon616 said...

O_O

Well heck, 9:53. Stop that! LOL

I posted some "angel" stuff, myself (next door) not too long ago. The Cult's "Lil Devil" (be my little angel, angel) and a quote from the movie "A Rumor of Angels".

Things are getting spooooky, around here, again!

:P

Good morning Mayo, Amy, Ergo, Anima, Elena, Welshie (who I missed last time I visited), cute little :) person and various other anons!

How are you all? Good, I hope!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAYO!!!! You seem so much more mature than your tender age of three years old!

Further proof that wisdom and maturity do not come with age. Those things are born of life experience(s).

I hope you have experienced and learned much in this past year. Many, many good things and equally good lessons.

Have a great day, everyone!!!

Hugs and Love,
~Namaste~
6/Wendy

Hi PJ, MissT, SS, Entropy, CTV, BI, DA, P anon, Bikey and Redrum!

Anonymous said...

SS just thank OPJ. I mean Frank just thanked Jennifer from Knoxville on twitter for sending his babies cool shit.

How special is that!

Anonymous said...

Considering the thousands of gifts he must receive, I actually think it's kind of cute how he always gives her a special mention and makes a point of thanking her and letting her know he got the packages. You don't see him publicly thanking anyone else who sends him stuff.

Anonymous said...

If you ever loved somebody put your hands up

*puts hand up* :)

Raise your hands if you like pleather

I'm all for ethical, multi purpose, fully functional, wet weather gear. :)

ergoproxy said...

good morning!

Father's Day here, busy spoiling hubby :]

Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day to DH, Ergo. :)

And warm congratulations to the Iero's on the safe and happy arrival of their little loves. :)

ergoproxy said...

thanks anon!

Anonymous said...

You don't see him publicly thanking anyone else who sends him stuff.

Only because they don't send stuff every week.

Anonymous said...

warm congratulations to the Iero's on the safe and happy arrival of their little loves.

***

I'm all for ethical, multi purpose, fully functional, wet weather gear.

***

, I actually think it's kind of cute



Ditto.
Ditto & ditto. :)

Anonymous said...

:D

Anonymous said...

I would like to thank all the little people who helped me on my way to the top. You know who you are. I couldn't have made it without your shoulders to step on and your hands to grab. ;)

elena said...

I am weary

So weary

Goodnight

Take care everyone

:) said...

Innocent looking is not the same as innocent.

You cannot always see the fangs. :)

call my name and save me from the dark

ergoproxy said...

congrats anon!

I just made pavlova, shell is baked, cream is whipped, fruit is ready, I'll put it all together just before dessert. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

«Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 4838   Newer› Newest»