Thursday, September 16, 2010

Best Dressed Death

The Millers

I am reminded of the man at the bar
Who has forgotten who his kids are.
There, swallowing tequila straight
Same call as every night his fate.
To me, he blames it on the whore
Claims she pushed him out the door,
But he can’t provide the reason why.
And, I am certain she would deny
His musings to me this late hour.
They are causing my gut to sour.
But, that is how he believes it to be.
He says he won’t go back, you see
That he’s still in Rye, there living.
Only now, looking in me to find forgiving.
He says he’s certain they will find
She has lost her fucking mind.
And, it is only himself he’s hurting
While hiding behind his convertible curtain,
To save him from his mirrored face.
He won’t look across and find disgrace,
Instead sets his eyes on the last of the bottle.
All of his duplicitous life he’s set to throttle
In a dull thudded break of dawn.
His head heavy under his crown,
He buries each night, repeated.
The music, he says she cheated.
If only the radio had played that night,
There would be nothing, nothing right.

4,930 comments:

1 – 200 of 4930   Newer›   Newest»
ergoproxy said...

hello mayo!!

hope you're well :]

ergoproxy said...

that's a pretty depressing poem, sad state of many today unfortunately

Anonymous said...

Hi Mayo. :)
Or maybe :(

Anonymous said...

*sneaks in*

:/

That's a Mayo original? You really are quite an observationist, Mr M Man.

*sneaks out*

:) said...

this says it all

look back to see the other link :)

Anonymous said...

September 9, 2010 9:44 PM , this is for you. There is nothing behind it. I just love this song and it cheers me up.

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful and ugly in all kinds of ways, M.

Anonymous said...

There is nothing behind it

You have no idea how much I appreciate disclaimers, 12:27! :)

And thank you. The music is really upbeat and cheery.

The lyrics... Hmmm lol

Anonymous said...

Good morning! :)

Anonymous said...

"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
-Thomas Alva Edison

Welshie said...

"how you climb up the mountain is just as important as how you get down the mountain. and, so it is with life, which for many of us becomes one big gigantic test followed by one big gigantic lesson. in the end, it all comes down to one word. grace. it's how you accept winning and losing, good luck and bad luck, the darkness and the light."

Welshie's perfumed body lotion bottle :)



sorry don't have any good quotes of my own:(

Hang on I've got another one

*scrambles upstairs to the bathroom*

Welshie said...

ok I'm back

"life is a classroom. we are both student and teacher. each day is a test and each day we receive a passing or failing grade in one particular subject"
I think I failed most:(

"grace. grace is compassion, gratitude, surrender, forgiveness, good manners. it's something money can't buy and credentials rarely produce. being the smartest, the prettiest, the most talented, the richest or even the poorest can't help. being a humble person can and being a helpful person can guide you through your days with grace and gratitude"

Welshie's shampoo bottle:)


Bloody hell it's a sad day when you have to go searching through your bathroom cabinet for inspiration.

inspiration on demand said...

Your time is limited, don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma, which is living the result of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinion drown your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.
Steve Jobs
he's a wise man

Welshie said...

Oh by the way Hello Mayo:) You awight mate? Would you like me to look for some more quotes? I have some wonderful Welsh quotes but they just don't translate well I'm afraid:(

I have the afternoon off. Not sure what to do. I think I'll wrap myself up in my bright red duffle coat (it's bloody cold here) and go for a walk up the mountain. It's a hell'va long way so I might be a while.
I'll wave to you all when I get to the top ok! Just look out for a red blob, that'll be me:)

Ta ra

:)

inspiration on demand said...

Or go out and buy Eminem's Recovery cd. I think it's inspired and inspirational. :)



I'm not afraid to take a stand
Everybody come take my hand
We'll walk this road together, through the storm
Whatever weather, cold or warm
Just let you know that, you're not alone
Holla if you feel that you've been down the same road



Yeah, It's been a ride...
I guess I had to go to that place to get to this one
Now some of you might still be in that place
If you're trying to get out, just follow me
I'll get you there

inspiration on demand said...

Bloody hell it's a sad day when you have to go searching through your bathroom cabinet for inspiration.

It could be worse Welshie. At least it's what's on the back of personal hygiene product bottles that are inspiring you and not what you think or hope you'll find at the bottom of another type bottle.

I liked your bathroom inspiration. It inspired me. ;)

i o d said...

it's what's

that are



*face palm*



It's been a loooong night.



*waves bye to welshie*

Welshie said...

oops sorry inspiration on demand, didn't see you there. didn't mean to ignore you. I liked your quote very, very much. Unfortunately I think I was at the back of the queue when they were giving out courage. Seriously I'm the human version of the Cowardly Lion in the Wizard of Oz. Bloody shame really:( But there you are, what can you do eh? it's just the way I am.

I'm loving Eminem and Rihanna's song. I love to sing it when I'm alone in the car. Rihanna's part that is, not Eminem's! God can you just imagine me rapping away in me Welsh accent! haha!




Right then. I've got my walking boots on so I'll be off.

Cheerio i o d :)

Cheerio everyone:)

i o d said...

And I just can't keep living this way
So starting today, I'm breaking out of this cage

I'm standing up, Imma face my demons
I'm manning up, Imma hold my ground

I've had enough, now I'm so fed up
Time to put my life back together right now



It was my decision to get clean, I did it for me
Admittedly I probably did it subliminally for you
So I could come back a brand new me, you helped see me through
And don't even realise what you did, believe me you

I been through the ringer, but they can do little to the middle finger

I think I got a tear in my eye, I feel like the king of
My world, haters can make like bees with no stingers, and drop dead

No more beef flingers, no more drama from now on, I promise
To focus soley on handling my responsibility's as a father

So I solemnly swear to always treat this roof like my daughters and raise it

You couldn't lift a single shingle on it
Cause the way I feel, I'm strong enough to go to the club
Or the corner pub and lift the whole liquor counter up

Cause I'm raising the bar, I shoot for the moon
But I'm too busy gazing at stars, I feel amazing and




. . . and wrong song.

O_o

Imma sing the Eminem part of Love the Way you Lie for Welshie.

Jennicula said...

Hey Mayo. Long time no read. Glad to see you're still up and around. Enjoy the day, it's sunny and warm outside. Sometimes rays of sunshine help kiss away the gloom.

Welshie - I like your shampoo bottle better than mine.

Mine says "lather, rinse, repeat"

Good to see all the anonomii and regulars.

xoxoox

Amyranth said...

It's a sad thing, but it's how alcoholism IS for some people. My grandfather was like that, except instead of just drinking himself into a vortex he beat my grandmother and my mother on a daily basis. Only the two of them though, the twins never got hit because they were "the twins", and the youngest never got hit because she was "the baby" so it was up to my mother and grandmother to take the brunt of his pain manifest from years of being abused by his own alcoholic father.

He eventually killed himself.

Nobody ever chooses to be an alcoholic. I don't think anyone wakes up one morning and actively decides to do something that will bring everyone down with them, but lots of people who are alcoholics sometimes just can't cope. The theory is my grandfather may have had clinical depression, which wasn't actively diagnosed back in the 1950's, 60's, or even the 70's.
The strong possibility that he was self-medicating made it a bit easier for my mother to forgive him for the years of abuse, but I don't think she'll ever love him, or miss him like other women who have lost their fathers.

ergoproxy said...

good morning!

Hi welshie, Jen ,anons

I certainly don't have anything inspirational on any of my toiletries. Unless instructions for use are inspirational lol

But then I just have to look outside at the beautiful country around me and the clear blue sky to be inspired :]

Hope everyone is well and has a great day.

Anonymous said...

Look alive sunshine

elena said...

Good Morning Ergo

Hey everyone

Wish YouTube wasn't hating on me but I can't get the whole video to load. The part I've seen is...uh interesting. Yeah, interesting.

Welshie said...

Evening one and all:)

Philosophy amazing grace shampoo/shower gel. Blooming gorgeous!!

Walked up the mountain, then called at Gwen's house on the way back. Played 'Guess Who' with the girls.

elena said...

Hey Welshie

Good to see ya. Sounds like you've had some fun.

Welshie said...

Hi Elena:)

Yeah 'twas fun. poor Lois was laughing hysterically at my attempt to 'guess who' when suddenly her laughter turned into tears. She misses her mam:( She was better after a hug though:)

How are you elena? Not seen you around for a while.

elena said...

I'm okay, thanks. Just a bit overwhelmed by things happening in my life that I have no control over. Sorta sucks.

How have you been?

Anonymous said...

Ah, so that's what you meant by Kills.

I really like this:

"He buries each night, repeated.
The music, he says she cheated.
If only the radio had played that night,
There would be nothing, nothing right."

Anonymous said...

Very apocalyptic.

Welshie said...

I'm ok thanks elena. Been really busy at work recently, also looking after Gwen's girls quite a bit. It's bringing back a lot of memories that I'd rather forget to be honest.

It's 1 am here so if you'll excuse me I'll be off to bed. Lovely to see you again elena. Speak to you soon:)

Amyranth I'm sorry your family suffered so much because of your grandfathers drink problem.




Goodnight.

elena said...

Goodnight Welshie, sweet dreams

elena said...

Finally got the whole MCR video to load. I must say I am confused. Wasn't Killjoys supposed to be a comic? Do they have a drummer? And why do I want to go watch Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome now?

Oh and I guess that's gonna be their new single? Okay for now I can't get the na na na na out of my head.

Oh well, it will be interesting to hear the whole album and I do like the spider!

Off to take care of a sick Mr. E now.

Take care everyone and goodnight.

ergoproxy said...

oh poo I missed elena :[

we went down to the beach for the morning. Kids and hubby went swimming, but I didn't, still a bit cool and I'm not mad keen on salt water. Beautiful day though!
Funny thing was the lifeguard was supposed to be there, and seeing as it is a safe beach anyway and we were just playing on the boogie board we weren't too worried,. Well he got there about an hour after we had as he isn't local and got lost lol and he said "apparently there was a crocodile seen this morning" !! well, we hadn't seen anything and no one had said anything but he had to close the beach (it was only us in the water and we were finished before it got too hot and were going to have lunch anyway) So we tootled off, then heard it was one beach up but they closed it in case.
Always fun living in Oz!!

I like the new MCR thing too, it looks fun

Hope Mr E feels better soon!

elena said...

Sorry I missed you Ergo

Just watched possibly the worse movie ever made Manos Hands Of Fate the Mystery Science version of course. Wonderfully bad.

And I ordered a copy of Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome. LOL

ergoproxy said...

elena!!!

mya said...

Hello Mayo, Elena, Ergo, Amyranth, Jennicula, Welshie, Anons, and Wendy whenever she happens to come by!

It sure has been a long time since I've seen this place! Did Mayo add new window treatments? Looks nice!

I'm totally lost as to what has been going on with MCR. I just found out that Bob is no longer in the band! Shocked! Seemed strange for the video to only have 4 members...

I tried to read back over the last post to catch up on things here. I did notice one thing that made me laugh out loud - my name mentioned by an Anon, something like, "Mya, I mean, Jared Leto hating anon". It was funny cause I actually had to google to find out who Jared Leto was!

Elena, did I read where your daughter is off at college now? So is mine... How is that going for you? I was so lost for the first 2 weeks! I would cry at the drop of a hat!

ergoproxy said...

hello Mya!

mya said...

Hello, Ergo! What's for dinner? LOL!

ergoproxy said...

tonight I am making calzones, I made potato and rosemary pizza last night and still have one portion of dough left.
I'm going to use the ham we smoked last weekend in it.

What did you have?

mya said...

Nothing near as good as what you had!

mya said...

I think just reading your fb posts makes me hungry! And fat!

ergoproxy said...

hahaha I am sending calories through the interwebz

Anonymous said...

Wanted, Energetic Young Man....

mya said...

I always liked Pee Wee. Thanks, Anon.


Daughter is coming home from the football game and we finally get to spend a little time together, so I best be signing off of here.

See ya later, Ergo and Anon!

ergoproxy said...

bye Mya have a good night

I can't watch youtube this time of day anon, I'll look in the morning tomorrow I like Pee Wee

Anonymous said...

I ♥ Pee wee!

But not as much as Pee wee ♥s his toy(s). ;)

Anonymous said...

Fuck. It's Mya. Hi Mya. :)

Anonymous said...

September 17, 2010 12:27 AM

Thank you so much for the other day. I think I just got my music mojo back, having spewed it uncontrollably all over the place. :)

Happy Saturday/Sunday everyone.

Anon616 said...

*music mojo*

I loves it! Almost as much as I love "Worship the Music" (the "Voodoo Fest" or "The Voodoo Music Experience" slogan)!

Good morning/afternoon/evening Mayo, Mya!!!!!, Amy!!, Ergo, Elena, Welshie, Music mojo getting back anon, :), Pee Wee, Jennicula and all children of the impending apocalypse and ultimate (hopefully) recovery!

Well, this is certainly a depressing post. No matter the view, the bar stool or the fractured mirror in which you choose to view the scenerio, it's downright heartbreaking.

Although, not quite as sad as Amy's comment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
except instead of just drinking himself into a vortex he beat my grandmother and my mother on a daily basis...

...He eventually killed himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:(

*hugs Amy*

If only we could give what strength we have to the people we love to help them battle and defeat their demons. If only we could reach inside them and pull all those devils, all the pain, all the guilt and all the blame out for them.

Unfortunately, we can not do that anymore than we can turn back time or bring back the ones we have lost.

I think that has been one of the most important/most valuable life lessons I've learned... so far. That I do not have the ability to save anyone other than myself (from those particular types of demons). Try and wish as we might... we can't force someone else to get help. We can't force them to "fix" themselves.

But, we can HOPE and we can offer our support!!!! That we can do!

Mya: It's so damn good to see you, here!!!!

You had to google Jared Leto? For shame, woman! He's that fine arse, crazy, mofo from that TV show with Claire Danes. He and his equally talented, fine arse, crazy mofo of a brother were born in Louzianna! Ummm, hmmm... them's natives.

Oh, and he sings, plays a little geetar, some piano and writes some music stuff too. Something to do with MARS, I think.

;)

That is all for now. I hope you all have an enjoyable day!

Hugs and Love,
~Namaste~
6/Wendy

Hi Miranth, Pixie, CTV, Entropy, Redrum, It's Me, Fang Bang, BI, PJ, SS, Possum, FASC and Lewis!

Anon616 said...

One more thing (since it's feeling a little like November in here):

Stop the hate folks! Please.

~~Rose Bar Sessions~~


^Sweet Child O Mine

:)

Anonymous said...

Good morning! :)

Anonymous said...

Good morning! :)

Anonymous said...

BOOYAH! Betcha wish you were here, Mayo!

ergoproxy said...

good morning!

Anonymous said...

be amazing!

Anonymous said...

Now THATS some amazing shite dere Buoy!

Anonymous said...

:)

toujours said...

hello everyone. *waves&grins*

i clicked over here last night to see what you guys might be saying about the trailer drop yesterday, and whoa! there's a new post!

well, needless to say, though i read it, i wasn't able to wrap my poor little brain around it, due to the song snippet that was playing in my head on constant loop. (it's still playing, but i'm learning how to function through all the nanana's. *heh*)

but i was thinking about it this morning, about the guy in these lines, and it mashed up with what i've been thinking about since the trailer, how this guy has put himself in a sort of purgatory, never going forward, sinking ever lower, circling endlessly with his excuses and failure to see.

maybe i'm not reading it correctly, but that's what i'm carrying away, that it's always easier to hold your pains close and not look at the horizon, to not live. i think maybe i've been guilty of doing that. there's something comforting about the pit, about sitting still even when you're curled up in pain.

granted, i'm reading this while hyped up on fearless guerrilla art philosophy! i'm pretty damn fired up by that minute-and-a-half clip of sight and song, and it's coloring all the thoughts in my head.

mayo, i admit i was surprised last night to see a new post. i didn't realize how much i was seeing "terminus" as a final post until the jolt that came with this one. but i think it's good that you're still here, still posting when you need to. i'm glad that this place is still yours.

so thank you for the poetry, and i'll check back in now and again to see what else you might have to say (as if i could resist!)

hope all is wonderful for you, mayo. take care of yourself. :)

and to all my friends: ladies! i owe you apologies! i've been completely shit at staying in touch. i've been trying to write emails, but august was dark, and september's been spent following along with stories from 2019, and my correspondence skills have tanked.

miss you guys, though. and i'm going to do my best to not be so damn invisible in your inboxes and on your blogs!

ciao, everyone. good night and sweet dreams. :)

Anonymous said...

You win! Stay with her, lead your "happy" life and get me out of your hair. Once and for all.

DELETE THIS BLOG

Anonymous said...

Prove once you have some decency left. Delete it.

ergoproxy said...

hi TJ!!
good to see you again, hope to catch up soon

Pirate Invite said...

If you really want t' walk t' talk today then follow t' map me hearties.

It will be day o' jolly rogerin'.

And then, we'll also walk t'plank and spike t'skull on t'skeleton. There'll be pirate plunder for t'fightin' over, and rum and punch all round.

See you thar if you dare.

Cap'n Jessie Knockboots

ergoproxy said...

Arrrr we did that today, it's fun me hearties!

elena said...

Holy crap I just wanted to sleep in this morning. I mean it’s not even light here yet but I’m awake, all because Mr Owl decided to hoot very loudly outside my window. I’ve never heard an owl that loud before. Seriously I got up and went outside to see what was going on. Glad there aren’t any neighbors that are close because I probably looked like I was out there talking to a tree. I love owls but this guy needs to find another place.

Anyway since I’m awake I stopped by and must say it’s nice to see people stopping by. I’ve missed everyone.

Well it’s quiet again so maybe I’ll go lay back down. Take care everyone and have a great day.

ergoproxy said...

hey elena! Hope you got at least a bit more rest if not more sleep
Owls are great, they are so pretty. We have this sort too called Tawny Frogmouths, they don't look like other owls, they sit really still and resemble a bit of dead wood. Sometimes one sits on our gatepost.

I just looked in before I head off to bed. Hope to catch up with you soon.

Hobblin' Amora Scabb said...

---------_______________---------
--------/...............\--------
-------/.................\-------
------/...................\------
------|...XXXX.....XXXX...|------
------|...XXXX.....XXXX...|------
------|...XXX.......XXX...|------
------|.........X ........|------
------\__......XXX......__/------
--------|\.....XXX...../|--------
--------|.|...........|.|--------
--------|.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.|--------
--------|..I.I.I.I.I.I..|--------
--------\.............../--------
----------\_........._/----------
------------\_______/------------
----XXX--------------------XXX---
---XXXXX------------------XXXXX--
---XXXXXXXXX---------XXXXXXXXXX--
----------XXXXX...XXXXX----------
-------------XXXXXXX-------------
----------XXXXX...XXXXX----------
---XXXXXXXXX---------XXXXXXXXXX--
---XXXXX-----------------XXXXX---
----XXX-------------------XXX----

Anonymous said...

Now thats a concert!

Anonymous said...

П▄П(►_◄)П▄П

Anonymous said...

" my name mentioned by an Anon, something like, "Mya, I mean, Jared Leto hating anon". It was funny cause I actually had to google to find out who Jared Leto was!"


Jesus Zombie Christ you are so full of it, it comes out of your ears.

Anonymous said...

Mya actually discussed Jared Leto and 30 seconds... SIGNED IN.

ergoproxy said...

good morning!!

Anonymous said...

*moves far away from 5:12 so as not to be hit by any stray lightning bolts*





Good morning Ergo.

ergoproxy said...

Hi anon!
How are you?

We have lightning bolts, storm rolled in about 4am and is still rumbling about. It's raining here but not too heavy, much heavier in other places, they are getting flooded roads. Good day to stay home I think.

Might do some more baking.

Anonymous said...

Is God going to strike me dead too?

Anonymous said...

Weather's clear here. I just didn't want to take the chance of being unexpectedly hit by something meant for somebody else.

Stormy weather is good cookie or brownie baking weather.

Anonymous said...

Maybe Zeus thinks you need some curl 6:02. Some body and bounce.

ergoproxy said...

I have a bucket of cookie dough I bought from a fund-raising drive in the fridge. I've never used premade stuff before so BG and I will have a go today.
Very likely make some brownies as well.

MissTottenham said...

Hiya guys, how are you all?


You tired Miss T? Sit down pet. I'll make you a fresh pot of tea and I'll open a pack of digestives, or would you prefer jammie dodgers? custard creams? Hmm?
Hope you're not working too hard Miss T.


Oh god Welshie, you don't know how good that would be. I'll take the digestives. I don't suppose you could give my shoulders a rub while you're at it?


Amy, I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother and mother's experience at the hands of your grandfather. Makes you wonder what a difference a depression diagnosis would have made.


Hiya Mya, ooo that rhymed. Long time no see. How've ya been sweetie?


Hiya Ergo sweetie, how are you? Save some of your goodies for me, they sound delish.

ergoproxy said...

Hi missT, we ahve a severe thunderstorm warning here now, for heavy rain, I think we've had enough rain this year really, they are predicting a very wet spring/summer so looks like I won't be packing away the wellies at all!

How are you going?

MissTottenham said...

Oh no, should I send you a brolly?

I'm good thanks, just off to bed for another busy week.

Usually I just miss you so it's nice to be able to say goodnight in person. I hope after this busy week I'll have some time to stop and chat.

Take care sweetie amd nighty night xxx

ergoproxy said...

All wet weather gear gratefully received! lol

Hope you have a good week, even if it's busy.

sweet dreams

Cap'n Jessie Knockboots said...

'tis a very cool skull and crossbones, Hobblin' Amora Scab. :)

Anonymous said...

Do you guys even listen to each other? Did anyone here notice how much a liar Mya is and some of the rest of you as well? She just said she didn't know who Jared Leto was. Yet she talked about him in the past, SIGNED IN. You can sit there and say "PROVE IT" all you want but you all know as well as I do that there are hundreds of thousands of comments here if not more. And you also know as well as I do that she knows very well who he is!

Don't you ever just read what each other writes and think WOW that was such a whopper! I wonder if anyone's going to notice. Or do you just.... ignore each other's lies? Are you just so used to it that lying is a part of your game and you just don't even notice it anymore?

Think about what this blog turned you all into!

Anonymous said...

lol 9:54

Monsters. Lying evil monsters. Thieves. Pirates who pillage, plunder and violate the innocent and defenseless.
All of them. That's what this blog has turned them into.
Mayo has converted them all.
Evil bastard.

ergoproxy said...

9:54 don't remember and don't care. Lucky both of those are your job. :]

Anonymous said...

That's exactly what I mean. You really don't care that you all lie, but who are you even lying TO anymore? I mean you just overlook it? You really don't care that you all lie to each other? That's not really what I would call friendship.

10:10 not monsters, just petty liars and fakes. Big difference there....

Anonymous said...

In what way, has the lies told here hurt you? If they want to lie to each other let them.

Anonymous said...

9:54

My bad. Not monsters. Just liars and fakes. All of them. Every one.

Telling petty lies about not knowing who Jared Leto is after you say they mentioned him signed in. Damn liars.

It is a good thing they have you to remember and remind them of such petty things.

:) said...

I'm burnin', I'm burnin', I'm burnin' for you

Anonymous said...

I just don't understand WHY they lie about these stupid things and why their "friends" don't care that they constantly lie. I mean they even always get caught at it and everyone just shrugs it off.

I had a friend in high school who lied about stupid things when everyone knew she was lying. We didn't stay friends for long because I couldn't stand it. It's insulting.

Anonymous said...

But your not friends with these people.

Anonymous said...

Is it possible that your memory could be faulty 9:54? That you could be mistaken?

Or could it be possible that Mya mentioned Jared Leto in passing without really knowing who he was?

Liek someone could have mentioned a song or posted a video and she could have asked who it was singing than forgot all about it because it wasn't that important to her.

Could it be an error and not a lie?

Anonymous said...

3 years from now somebody could ask me if I know who The Ours are and I might say no. Who knows if I'll remember that band in 3 years?

The no won't be a lie. It'll be a case of forgetfulness.

Big difference.

Anonymous said...

Don't fear the reaper

ergoproxy said...

So elena didn't hear an owl, and we didn't have a storm this morning?

Anonymous said...

But your not friends with these people.




My what's not friends with these people?

Anonymous said...

I want to see that new Owl movie.

I've always liked owls.

ergoproxy said...

That's the Legend of the Guardians? I've seen the shorts for it at the movies, looks good, beautifully animated. Made in Australia with heaps of Aussies doing the voices too :]

Anonymous said...

You too can be a great guardian. . .
one day

Is that 30STM & Jared Leto's voice I hear in that trailer?

Anonymous said...

You aren't friends with them. Why do you care?

Anonymous said...

heaps of Aussies doing the voices too



I've been trying to figure those accents. Now I know. :)

mya said...

Hello! Good to see Miss T!!

Last night I went to my elementary school reunion. It wasn't for a particular year, rather a particular decade. So my brothers were there and all their friends from that time period. It was so much fun seeing people I hadn't seen in so many, many years! But I had a helluva hangover today!

"Mya actually discussed Jared Leto and 30 seconds... SIGNED IN."

11:22 and 11:28 both got it right. If I discussed that it must've been like 2 years ago and I've forgotten.

Still wondering why I'm being connected with a "Jared Leto hating anon". Did I also forget that I hate him for some reason?

Still funny to me.

Anonymous said...

Goodnight. :)

mya said...

Hi, Ergo! Thanks for the funny email you sent! I needed that!

Anonymous said...

11:22 and 11:28 both got it right. If I discussed that it must've been like 2 years ago and I've forgotten.




:)

ergoproxy said...

yes it is 11:55 it's a nice song that one

mya said...

Gotta take the little dog outside for a minute, but I'll be back.

ergoproxy said...

hey mya you're welcome, I thought it was a really funny one esp the pregnancy q & a. I have a friend sends me heaps of good jokes.

mya said...

There were great, Ergo. I especially liked the things only women understand - so true

mya said...

I should be sleeping but I slept most of today... Just finished watching 2 great movies on TCM but now I'm disappointed because they're running a silent film.

mya said...

This documentary on NGEO looks interesting though - London blitz of 1940. Yeah, I like history

ergoproxy said...

There is a show I think was on Nat Geo here called Blitz Street where they recreated the buildings typical of a London street and they exploded the different weapons of WWII to see what they did, as well as talked to blitz survivors, it was really good. Tony Robinson who was Baldrick in Blackadder hosted it. If you get the chance, watch it amazing to actually see it happen.

mya said...

That sounds exactly like what I'm watching, Ergo.

mya said...

Next up is Hitler's Hidden Holocaust. Bet I'll fall asleep though.

ergoproxy said...

Oh cool! How about that.

I've seen Hidden Holocaust too, it was interesting.

I was watching some new Air Crash Investigations today, but now I'm on the back deck playing handball with BG

ergoproxy said...

There is another good doco about the children of the Nazi's and the ones who were bred as part of the quest for the master race.

mya said...

Well, I'm falling asleep so I better go. See ya later, Ergo!

ergoproxy said...

goodnight!

Anonymous said...

GV, I love you, and I sincerely hope you're writing some phd paper about this.

Anonymous said...

Did GV actually prove she is Mayo? From what I remember, she only said she was Mayo. When she was asked to change something on the blog, to show that she was telling the truth. She never did.

The only proof that has been given, are some anons who show up out of the blue. They will point to some vague post that Mayo made as proof. Most of the time what they point to was there for months before they showed up and had another meaning to it that they missed.

Pickled Possum said...

Evening all. =)

Sometimes bands still surprise.

700 aftershocks since Christchurch's 7.1 quake two weeks ago and Metallica are honouring their pledge to fans and still playing in Christchurch tomorrow night.

Just awesome. =)

Happy Monday, all!

ergoproxy said...

That's fantastic PP! Metallica are doing a great thing.
Hope you're well, I was going to ask how your step-sis and friends were going as it's not really on the news anymore.

sweet dreams everyone! (though it's mostly daytime for all but PP lol)

elena said...

Goodnight Ergo

Goodmorning everyone else

Nice to see ya Possum and Mya

Anonymous said...

Good morning! :)

elena said...

Good morning Anon

Anonymous said...

Mya Lya, think about that name.

Anon616 said...

Sounds like a name some of the little boys and girls in my nephew's class would have come up with up last year, anon.

They've grown up alot since last year. They're in "Jr. High" now. Why, most of them are a mature 11 or 12 years old now so they don't invent 'names' like "Judy wit Cooties" or "Scotty got Snotties" to call their little classmates anymore.

Good morning/afternoon Mayo, Amy, Mya, MissT, Elena, Ergo, Welshie, TJ, :), Possum, pirates and patriots!

How are you all, today? Well, good and looking forward to some Monday night football (WHO DAT?!), I hope!

Possum: YAY for METALLICA keeping their promise!!! But, was there ever really any doubt that they would? Well, there wasn't on my part.

;)

I hope the recovery efforts are going well and the people are getting all the help and support that they need.

I wanted to share this one with all of you. I think it's so... WOW worthy!

Beautifully sad. The loneliness of the lyrics linger (in a strange sort of good way).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Into The Empty
by Joe Sabatini

Time on my hands
like a glove withered and worn
just like a flash
close your eyes and you’re gone
away...
into the empty
you, like a prayer
never answered, always no reply
I want to know, when it’s over
is there another side
away…
into the empty
I never want to leave here
I don’t want to go
no one has the answers
no one ever knows
everyone’s a stranger
no one really cares
no one’s ever listening
no one ever hears

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, that is all for now. I hope you all have a wonderful (and not too sad or lonely of a) day!

Hugs and Love,
~Namaste~
6/Wendy

Anonymous said...

be reflective!

Anonymous said...

OOOOO..You are tenacious like bull...I like!!

Who Dat!!!!

Anonymous said...

Pegggy?

Anonymous said...

Ô.Ô

Anonymous said...

░░░░░░░░░░░
░█████████░
░█░░░░░░░█░
░█░▀░░░▀░█░
░█░░░▀░░░█░
░█░▐▄▄▄▌░█░
░█░░░░░░░█░
░█████████░
░░░░░░░░░░░

elena said...

Goodnight everyone

ergoproxy said...

went to see Despicable Me today, it's funny and bought new BBQ, which DH and BG are putting together now. :]

sweet dreams all who are asleep or on the way

Pickled Possum said...

*waves back hi to Elena*

Metallica are doing a great thing.

Ergo and 616,
What's even more amazing is that when tickets went on sale, near the start of the year, Metallica was scheduled for only the one concert in Auckland.

Southern fans rather like their headbanging, so they wrote letters, signed petitions, and went on telly to ask the band to add a show down south.

A few weeks later and the band agreed.

Double awesome. =)

Nice eyebrows 8:33pm.

Nice smile 8:47pm.

Lovely to see you all. =)

elena said...

*waves back at Possum cause I miss her bunches*

Ergo if you want the worlds best BBQ you have to come to KC. Mr. E will get out his huge smoker (it's on a car trailer) just for you.

Looks like it's gonna be another hot day here. The temp keeps climbing up near 90 each day. Where the hell is the autumn weather? I'm so ready for it.

Hope everyone has a great day. I've gotta work then take mom to the doctors again. Not fun!

Take care

Anonymous said...

Hi. :)

My recreational clothes said...

Great. You are all back to typing your long-winded, pseudo-deep posts about mundane occurrences that you think are meaningful but really just bore the shit out of the rest of us.

MY recreational underwear said...

MRC,

What meaningful life occurences would you like to discuss today?

Surely you could not have come here just to post such a mundane comment. Such a boring, pseudo-deep critique as the one you posted @ 2:16.

Cause that comment just bored the shit out of me. So much so that I had to go change my recreational underwear.





In the future, please remember to keep all of your comments brief, interesting to everyone, and pseudo-shallow.

I'm sure you wouldn't want anyone else to run out of clean recreational underwear. :)

MY recreational underwear said...

Annnd thank you for your input and output MRC.
Have a nice day. :)




ergoproxy said...

good morning!

Anonymous said...

Surely you could not have come here just to post such a mundane comment. Such a boring, pseudo-deep critique as the one you posted @ 2:16.



Wasn't yours as mundane?


-not 2:16

Anonymous said...

Goodnight :)

My Recreational Clothes said...

I apologize if my critique of the comments here offended you, Underwear. Feel free to ruminate on the floating grocery bag that brought you to tears because it symbolizes how fleeting life is.

Or perhaps, you wish to punish us with a soliloquy about how the homeless man with his hobo pack touched you deeply.

You all just blather, rinse and repeat.

ergoproxy said...

hey elena!
that bbq is more impressive than ours!! We just replaces our patio one, it's a 4 burner with a hood.
We do have a smokehouse which we did the hams in, maybe Mr E can share some tips, the guys had a bit of an adventure trying to get smoke and temp right.
Luckily it's under cover as it's raining again here

Anonymous said...

You usin the big words, 12:06. You be much better than the rest of us. Why waste your brain here? Go. Do something more worthwhile. Like, cure something. Rather than throw shit at people you think are beneath you. (It just makes you look like an angry bitch monkey, yuh know. And, I'm sure you're not. Angry, a bitch, or a monkey. Right?)
:)

Anonymous said...

Imbecility is highly contagious.

Anonymous said...

Good morning! :)

Anonymous said...

floating grocery bag that brought you to tears because it symbolizes how fleeting life is.


American Beauty! I liked that movie.


with a soliloquy about how the homeless man with his hobo pack touched you deeply


Pay It Forward! I like that one too.

Anonymous said...

I think MRC has a lil crush on Kevin Spacey and his movies. ;)

Anonymous said...

Day-to-day things, the mundane, are what keeps the motor running. How extraordinary the ordinary really is, a tool we all use to keep going, a template for sanity.

Anonymous said...

Cecelia Ahern

Anonymous said...

Let's see what they got!
Come sit next to me
Pour yourself some tea

Anonymous said...

П▄П(▲_▲)П▄П

elena said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7crMhC1H3NQ&feature=youtu.be

Gotta say it's pretty damn good!

Anonymous said...

KROQ rocks!

In the past 40 mins they've played Metallica, Muse, Rise Against, Gorillaz, Offsping, Neon Trees.

My Chem up in 10!

Anonymous said...

KROQ dot com

Now streaming live, biotch.

Jane's Addiction!

Carolina Liar
Linkin Park
Switchfoot

elena said...

Thanks for the news anon

I just listened to Gerard interview and the song on BBC 1

Anonymous said...

KROQ rocks harder than BBC 1!

Anonymous said...

Meow @ Kat Korbett!

Gerard and Mikey on now.

Anonymous said...

Shut up and let me see your jazz hands

Anonymous said...

The full-length song is FUCKIN SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

Anonymous said...

Dead hookers in closet? Who knew Weezer were such naughty boys.

O_O

Anonymous said...

I agree 2:47! Play it loud, play it proud!

In stereo is best. ;)

elena said...

The louder the better....just ask my customers. LOL

Never did like quiet bookstores.

Anonymous said...

People be all snippy and shit.
Where Fiddy and his bitch Oprah when you need 'em?

Anonymous said...

KROQ gonna have all that studio shit uploaded soon. They be all up in MCR grill.

Anonymous said...

chill


#





50 is crazy I want a new fuckin owner he broke my leg goddamn it!


motherfucker 50 almost stepped on me this morning and he knew I was at the foot of the bed. and he always calling me for nothing!! 1:24 PM Sep 20th via web

and he always plays his music too loud. dont nobody wanna hear that shit! he aint made a classic since get rich or die tryin 1:26 PM Sep 20th via web

you @peta people need to mind ur own fuckin business .. its personal shit going on here

Anonymous said...

http://twitpic.com/2qmjyi - Now here comes this heffer! I'm gonna kill @50cent Tuesday, September 21, 2010 11:03:42 AM via Twitter for BlackBerry®



http://twitpic.com/2qmhy2 - Why is she all in my grill!!


Disclaimer from Oprah Winfree

#
For the last time as crazy as my dad may be he didn't break my leg. I broke that shit running after the Fed Ex man. I tried to Fly & failed
about 22 hours ago via Twitter



If my dad @50cent want anymore pics of me, its gonna cost him. How much should I charge. If he gets paid for this shit so am I!!!!

i ♥ 50 n oprah said...

@50cent: So me and oprah made up but I still think she's mad about the knife thing. Lol imma need my stack for this 1



I'm still maddd. DMX wouldn't have treated me like this...Get at me dawgg!!
about 21 hours ago via about 20 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

# Just woke up from my nap and here comes my dad fucking with me! Damn I told yall I'm a lady today. I need my rest!
about 24 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®


@JynxM____________just force fed me some medicine & @Nik______ just stood there watching. I hate those Bitches!
Tuesday, September 21, 2010 12:26:15 PM via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Oh yea Only I can talk shit about my Dad!

@BE_____ who are u and how did u get a picture with my dad...are you his spokesperson? Lol
about 20 hours ago via Twitter for



About to go to the studio w/my dad tonight to make a hit record "teach you how to doggie" its gonna be
hotter than the shit my dad's writing
about 21 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®


#
Tired of Eating chicken!! Can a bitch get some Mr Chow's filet mignon



Ummmm did this fool forget that I was still in the car? Heeelllpppp!!! See this the shit I be talking about. Helllooooo!!!



Thanx dad I officially have a stalker! Just because she is obsessed with you why is she sniffing my ass

Anonymous said...

:)

Anonymous said...

Na na na na na na na nanananana
clicky if you missyed the live stream



http://kroq.radio.com/2010/09/22/world-premiere-my-chemical-romance-na-na-na/

ergoproxy said...

good morning!

Am liking that song! It's so damn catchy.

elena said...

Two men enter. One man leaves

Anonymous said...

Criminal minds season premiere tonight with the prince of darkness.

:) said...

Have I told you lately that I love you
Have I told you there's no one else above you
Fill my heart with gladness
Take away all my sadness
Ease my troubles, that's what you do

Anonymous said...

Good morning! :)

Anonymous said...

You live like this, sheltered, in a delicate world, and you believe you are living. Then you read a book… or you take a trip… and you discover that you are not living, that you are hibernating. The symptoms of hibernating are easily detectable: first, restlessness.

The second symptom (when hibernating becomes dangerous and might degenerate into death): absence of pleasure.

That is all. It appears like an innocuous illness. Monotony, boredom, death.

Millions live like this (or die like this) without knowing it. They work in offices. They drive a car. They picnic with their families. They raise children. And then some shock treatment takes place, a person, a book, a song, and it awakens them and saves them from death. Some never awaken.


Anaïs Nin

Anonymous said...

you are in charge of how you react to the people and events in your life. You can either give negativity power over your life or you can choose happiness instead. Take control and choose to focus on what is important in your life. Those who cannot live fully often become destroyers of life.

Na-Na-Na-Na Gurrrl said...

"I don't need you to do anything besides eat a bag of shit and sharp glass. As to my absence- I was busy, obviously."

Obviously, Mayo.

Anonymous said...

shut up and sing it with me

Anonymous said...

Mayo wouldn't tell anyone to eat a bag of shit and sharp glass.

He would tell them to eat a bag of anchovies and the exocarp of a pineapple.

ergoproxy said...

good morning!

- neither thanks very much

Anonymous said...

I like pineapple. :)

Exocarp and anchovies not so much.
Don't think I'd like shit and sharp glass at all. ;)

ergoproxy said...

The rest of the pineapple would be fine. Had some the other night, a beautiful sweet rough leaf one. Exocarp was discarded, but if anyone wants it I can go get it off the chickens.
Anchovies are only good if they are mixed into dressing or sauce so you can't taste them properly.

Anonymous said...

Under the Harvest Moon by Carl Sandburg

Under the harvest moon,
When the soft silver
Drips shimmering
Over the garden nights,
Death, the gray mocker,
Comes and whispers to you
As a beautiful friend
Who remembers.

Under the summer roses
When the flagrant crimson
Lurks in the dusk
Of the wild red leaves,
Love, with little hands,
Comes and touches you
With a thousand memories,
And asks you
Beautiful, unanswerable questions.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I wish Mayo had a scratch'n sniff blog.

Other times not so much.

elena said...

Goodnight Moon

(and everyone else)

Welshie said...

Hmm, not sure what I think of MCR's new song. A bit disappointed to be honest.

What does everyone else think?

Anonymous said...

:]

Welshie said...

Whoa 3:09 that's just gorgeous. Is that you 'Good Morning' anon? If so, then I've missed you and your beautiful pictures.

Welshie said...

Oh 3:27 sorry I can't see your link:(

MissTottenham said...

Hiya guys, how are you all?

Hello! Good to see Miss T!!


Great to see you too Mya. How ya doing babes? the reunion sounds brill. I've never had one. Our school has been turned into a special needs teaching centre so there's nowhere for us to go *sob*



There is a show I think was on Nat Geo here called Blitz Street where they recreated the buildings typical of a London street and they exploded the different weapons of WWII to see what they did, as well as talked to blitz survivors, it was really good. Tony Robinson who was Baldrick in Blackadder hosted it. If you get the chance, watch it amazing to actually see it happen.

I saw that Ergo. It was bloody good. That milk bottle survived like nothing else LOL. I thought it was really interesting to see how many explosions the bomb shelter stood up to.

MissTottenham said...

Is it me?

MissTottenham said...

Yayness!

*grabs Welshie's hand for a dance*

Now I'm knckered so nighty night all xxx

ergoproxy said...

woo hoo MissT!!!!
*happy dance for you*

sweet dreams


hi welshie how've you been?
I like the new MCR, looking forward to hearing more

Anonymous said...

oh wee oh wee, baby

Anonymous said...

Look what you're doing to me
I'm utterly at your whim
All of my defenses down
Your camera looks through me
With its X-ray vision
And all systems run aground
All I can manage to push from my lips
Is a stream of absurdities
Every word I intended to speak
Winds up locked in the circuitry

No way to control it
It's totally automatic
Whenever you're around
I'm walking blindfolded
Completely automatic
All of my systems are down
Down, down, down

Au-to-mat-ic (automatic)
Au-to-mat-ic (automatic)

What is this madness
That makes my motor run
And my legs too weak to stand
I go from sadness
To exhilaration
Like a robot at your command
My hands perspire and shake like a leaf
Up and down goes my temperature
I summon doctors to get some relief
But they tell me there is no cure
They tell me

No way to control it
It's totally automatic
Whenever you're around
I'm walking blindfolded
Completely automatic
All of my systems are down
Down, down, down

(Automatic)
(Automatic)
Au-to-mat-ic (automatic)
Au-to-mat-ic (automatic)

Au-to-mat-ic
Au-to-mat-ic
Au-to-mat-ic
Au-to-mat-ic (automatic)

Look what you're doing to me
I'm utterly at your whim
All of my defenses down
Your camera looks through me
With its X-ray vision
And all systems run aground
All I can manage to push from my lips
Is a stream of absurdities
Every word I intended to speak
Winds up locked in the circuitry

No way to control it
It's totally automatic
Whenever you're around
I'm walking blindfolded
Completely automatic
All of my systems are down
Down, down
No way to control it
It's totally automatic (automatic)
Whenever you're around (automatic)
I'm walking blindfolded
Completely automatic (automatic)
All of my systems are down
Down, down

Anonymous said...

«Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 4930   Newer› Newest»