Friday, November 12, 2010

English Paneling

1-4

This is how I will suffocate,
in your adoration.
Hands cover my mouth
while I keep my resolution.
I put my fingers in my ears,
and disappear
before you
tell me, tell me
you love me.

5

Desolate Bungalow

Gravity Paper

Ink Wired

Numb

Perpetual Absence

Unhinged Focus

Lost Wax

Done

6-9

Days, dry as dirt
kicked up in heels,
catch in my throat.
I want them back.
Tomorrow, better yet-
today, I will stop
rushing away. The distance
between here and the deserted
has been
forgotten.
Washed up,
I am ready to devour those days.

10-13

I am dead in a box in the center of the room talking to everyone or no one can hear me or they neglect to listen because I do not say what they want to hear or I make no sense to anyone but myself because I am only speaking to someone a million miles away from where I am at present they cannot hear me or I make no sense.

14-17

I am out of corks
with a barrel full of holes.
The relief will not stop;
resentment pouring and filling
the cracks in the walls,
plaster caked in puke green,
painted over in pink
for all the world to see.

4,970 comments:

1 – 200 of 4970   Newer›   Newest»
Anonymous said...

Hi Mayo. I was going to declare a best Jungle songs day but now I don't know.

It's good to see and read you. :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Tortured but beautiful.

I worry about you, Mayo.
Are you ok or not?
I can't tell with you sometimes.

This does not sound ok.

Anonymous said...

It's like talking to a paneled over brick wall. hmmm

Be well Mayo.

better when wet n wild said...

I met you on somebody's island
You thought you had known me before
I brought you a crate of papaya
They waited all night by your door
You probably wouldn't remember
I probably couldn't forget
Jungle love in the surf in the pouring rain
Everything's better when wet

Jungle love it's drivin' me mad
It's makin' me crazy
Jungle love it's drivin' me mad
It's makin' me crazy

But lately you live in the jungle
I never see you alone
But we need some definite answers
So I thought I would write you a poem
The question to everyone's answer
Is usually asked from within
But the patterns of the rain
And the truth they contain
Have written my life on your skin

Jungle love it's drivin' me mad
It's makin' me crazy
Jungle love it's drivin' me mad
It's makin' me crazy

You treat me like I was your ocean
You swim in my blood when it's warm
My cycles of circular motion
Protect you and keep you from harm
You live in a world of illusion
Where everything's peaches and cream
We all face a scarlet conclusion
But we spend our time in a dream

Jungle love it's drivin' me mad
It's makin' me crazy
Jungle love it's drivin' me mad
It's makin' me crazy

Jungle love it's drivin' me mad
It's makin' me crazy
Jungle love it's drivin' me mad
It's makin' me crazy

ergoproxy said...

good morning Mayo!
Nice to see you :]
Hope you're well.
Not quite sure about your post, it's very interesting and thought provoking.
I'll need some time to contemplate it.

elena said...

Hey Mayo

Hey Anons

Hey Ergo

ergoproxy said...

Hi elena!

elena said...

Hi Ergo

Good to see you. I was just sitting here looking at the rain and thinking I should make a cup of tea.

elena said...

Mayo

Perhaps a cup of tea would make you feel better. Of course that's assuming you're feeling bad which may or may not be the case.

I'd say "Hey Mayo I hope you are okay" but then I'd sound like a broken record because I always say that.

And yeah I did just get that thought in there without actually having to come right out and say it.

ergoproxy said...

You should
I had a cup of tea yesterday because it was raining, it goes together.

elena said...

It does Ergo.

And now I have my tea and a yummy Tim Tam thanks to you!

ergoproxy said...

I'm heading out soon, we are making hams again, then we're off into town for a bit.

Catch you later, enjoy the Tim Tam (or 2...or 3..lol)

bye!!

elena said...

Bye Ergo have fun in town.

I think maybe just one more Tim Tam should hit the spot.

Mayo I'd offer you one but....no.

I'm just not feeling that generous.

Anonymous said...

I'm feeling generous. I'm feeling very, very generous lately.

Here Mayo. Have one of these special treats. I'm sharing them with you and you alone.

Tim tams shim shams. ;)

elena said...

Watch out Mayo

First one is always free. LOL

Anonymous said...

The 2nd and 3rd are free too. The 4th in negotiable.

Anonymous said...

^is

The 5th is def gonna cost something.



Anonymous said...

Take a 6th one and you owe me for life.

Anonymous said...

^.~

Anonymous said...

What does Broke Back Mountain and the NFL have in common??

Anonymous said...

They both have cowboys that suck.

Amyranth said...

Methinks it's the cycle of the blog, and Mayo's summation of what he's thought all this time.

-A

Anonymous said...

LOL
That's funny and true 10:22!

Anonymous said...

I think you could be right Amy.

ergoproxy said...

Home again!

You could be right Amy, very interesting thought.

elena said...

Hello again.

Interesting thought Amy. Not the one I came up with but I learned a long time ago I'm never right.

ergoproxy said...

with Mayo it could be words he randomly saw while out shopping, lol

hi again elena

Anonymous said...

What was your first thought when you read this post Elena?
Your thoughts on this post.

Yours could be partially right too.

toujours said...

i suppose everyone has fragments of their own floating through their minds, from moments when they feel like exiles.

thank you for sharing these, mayo.

ergoproxy said...

Hello TJ

elena said...

Anon my thoughts I'm sure are wrong but thanks for asking.

Hey TJ

Amyranth said...

Anyone could be right, but nobody knows if they are. I don't care if I am, but the thought struck me, so I threw it out there.

Ugh, back to deciphering wedding makeup. MAKEUP. :P

ergoproxy said...

It's always good to get a different perspective Amy, makes you think differently.
Hope the makeup isn't getting you too confused.
My friend is getting married next weekend so I'll send you some pics.


I thought Mayo's might be years/periods of his life

elena said...

Oh hell why not?

Okay when I first read the post it sounded to me like a man who is drowning in self doubt. Like he's putting too much importance on what those around him think and in the process he is losing himself. It sounded like confusion and anger were joined together. Like he was focusing too much on one aspect while losing the big picture...and deep down he knows this but can't seem to change it.


See totally silly take on it.

Anonymous said...

I don't think that's silly at all Elena.
You could be right.

Anonymous said...

Not every cloud has a silver lining. Some clouds are lined with gold. Ping :)

elena said...

Well I'm sure we will never know anon.


Good night everyone

Sweet dreams

ergoproxy said...

Very good ideas elena, don't think it's silly.
Sweet dreams

Anonymous said...

Dude, I always new you were British. Thanks for clearing it up.

Legendary Pictures said...

Mayo, I'm about to give you the greatest piece of advice you'll ever receive.

Get over yourself.

:) said...

is it just a dream?

Anonymous said...

Cool sandcastle!

MissTottenham said...

Hiya guys, how are you all? Hiya Mayo sweetie. How's things for you?



Are you a Haribo addict as well Miss T? Mmmmm Starmix:)


LOL Welshie, however did you guess?


Oh MissT I loved your ghost-hunting story. How very cool! Maybe you could post a pic of the orb you caught? I’d love to see it. That sounds like so much fun and a manor house where Mary Queen of Scots was held…wow. Uh, not too many places like that here in Kansas to ghost hunt in. LOL Glad you had so much fun.



It was brilliant Elena, unfortunatley it was one of the guys who ran it that actually got the picture on his camera so I don't have it to share. My camera proved to be a bit crappy on the night.


Welshie said...
Miss T. I hope you weren't caught up in the Students Protest. Hope you and your colleagues are ok.
You take care now:)


MissT seeing riots on the news, be careful if you're working on them.

Thanks Welshie and Ergo, but us in Brent were nowhere near it thank goodness. They are all pretty mad about the guy who dropped the fire extinguisher cos that could have been horrible.

Well, I'm off cos I'm watching the Take That programme.

Nighty night everyone.

Anonymous said...

Night night MissT

Anonymous said...

Hi blog. :)

ergoproxy said...

good morning!

ergoproxy said...

hi missT!!!

Glad you weren't in the riots, feel sorry for the poor cops who were. Protesting is one thing, but they were going too far.

Shame you don't have the pics of orbs, maybe he'll post them somewhere? At least you got to experience it all.

take care with Take That lol
xx

Anonymous said...

We-de-de-de
De-de-de-de-de
De-we-um-um-a-way
We-de-de-de
De-de-de-de-de
We-um-um-a-way

A-wimoweh a-wimoweh
A-wimoweh a-wimoweh

Anonymous said...

Dude, I always new you were British. Thanks for clearing it up.



That sneaky, ebil Mayo.The trickster trying to trick us all by using the American spelling of paneling instead of the British panelling.

Anonymous said...

We've got jungle fever. We're in love
Everyone's created equal
the hell with all you ignorant people

Anon616 said...

Arrrgh!!!! I have too many e~mails/passwords/sign~ins/accounts! I must consolidate, purge, merge... make things easier and less complicated like!

Yeah, easier typed than done (especially when you can't remember what is connected to which, whom, when and whereabouts)!

;P

In other news...

Hello Mayo!!!!! Hello Amy, Ergo, Elena, MissT, Welshie, TJ, Cowboys, Cowgals, capenters, tortured souls, white knights riding to the rescue and so forth!


How are you all? I haz a sick. A BIG sick! I'm telling you; it's been horrible. I've been blowing out and coughing up colors I didn't know existed!

I saw the loveliest shade of orange pink today! Followed by a nice, tranquil greenish blue!

Awww... I just love the first frost of the year and all the germs and pretty colors it brings. LOL!!!!

Speaking of pretty colors, Mayo:

There are just some plaster patch up jobs that even the prettiest shade of pink paint can't hide or make blend in with the rest of the walls.

It's the build up of the plaster that's impossible to hide to a trained or alert eye. No matter what color you paint it.

I would recommend showcasing the beauty of the cracks and the holes. Let the light shine in through! Let the character and the wisdom of the remnants and "ruins" shine through!

Well, that's what I would do and recommend; but, you all should do what you feel is best for you.

As I'm sure you all will!

:)

*hiccup*

Excuse me! Who knew antibiotics could cause hiccups? Well, they do and now you know.

Hmmmm.... I had other things to say; but, I forgot what those things were. I think they had something to do with OZZY OZZY OZZY and what I (personally think) MUSE could learn from! LOL!

Ohhh... Muse! They should go to as many KISS shows as they can in their free time. And, they should watch as many of NIN's "Lights" videos as possible.

(Gene Simmons and Trent Reznor each go to your corners and behave... NOW!)

:P

Muse sounded great at VOODOO. They did. But, there was not nearly enough audience interaction and there was so damn much going on with the lights and the background video that MUSE was actually LOST in translation (so to speak).

I know they've been around a long time; but, they need to learn how to "connect" with their audience, put on a show, go the extra mile and NOT lose themselves in going that extra mile.

And, that's where they can learn from both KISS and NIN (and The Flaming Lips for that matter) ~ three of the best show bands to ever grace the VOODOO stage ... in my opinion.

Three live bands who give you more BANG for your BUCK!

:P

Okay, I'll be back, sooner or later, with VOODOO links.

Hugs and Love,
~Namaste~
6/Wendy

Pssst....

Hell yeah!

;)

Anon616 said...

PS:

I do (still) love a man in black and white! Especially if he has colorful tattoos and a top hat!

;)

~~You know where you are? You in the JUNGLE baby!~~

"I'm gonna watch you bleed!"

New GnR album in the works!!!! Hell yeah!

:D

Anon616 in a very demanding mood said...

PPS to VOODOO 2011:

How long must I wait?
Before this love fades ...

;)

Hint, hint, hint *coughHIM HIM HIM cough*

Oh, and some GnR or Judas Priest or Iron Maiden would be most appreciated too!

Maybe some NIGHTWISH or 69 Eyes or Children of Bodom???

I've been asking for some FINNISH flavoring for years and years! It's time to pay up.

Yeah, I know. But, 2005 doesn't count. That was the year of Katrina and HIM took The 69 Eyes place and played in TN. Phooey!

We want them BOTH and we want them BOTH in NOLA!

:P

Anon616 showin the love said...

PPPS: Thank you to Mayo and anyone else who puts up with me! I wuv you!

;)

Anonymous said...

:) said...

is it just a dream?


:),

we need to talk.

If you have to ask, it's prolly just a dream.

Ask yourself these questions.

Is he/she physically there for you?


Do they hug and comfort you when you need it?


Do they hold you through your nightmares and tell you everything will be o.k.?


Are they there for you? Physically there?

Do they ring you? Email you? Text you? Ever.

Would they be there if you asked them to be there?

If the answer to any of these questions is no then it is just a dream. A fantasy.

It's not real and you have to ask yourself if you are willing to give up reality to live in your fantasy.

You may think it's worth giving up a real life to live in a fantasy world.

I don't.

There is no substitute for flesh and blood. There is no fantasy that can hold your hand when you're scared or hug you when you're hurting.

No matter how many ways or how many times you try to justify it. The virtual world is not the real world.

It's not flesh and blood. It's not heart and soul. It's not something you can cling too when you feel you're drowning.

Don't get lost. Don't sacrifice a real life for a fantasy and fairy tale that can have no real happy ending.




Reality checks are often harsh but they are needed.

Anonymous said...

How did this all happen?




sighs

Anonymous said...

Why did this all happen?

Why?
A question rarely answered.

Anonymous said...

The master.
Bow down and kiss the ring.

It's the performance everyone's been talking about.

The Kings & Queens of promise :)

Anonymous said...

♥ the master, the triad, the hive and even Kanye!

Anonymous said...

:(

A cold and empty castle


A foretelling I hoped would prove false.

A future I hoped could be changed.

Too little for some.
Too late for others.

Nothing from a few.

*shrugs*

Sometimes all you can do is sound the fog horn and let the ships dock where they may.

Goodnight BB. Happy sailings!

Anonymous said...

♥ Goodnight. :)

Anonymous said...

Tonight is a baaaad one. :))

Anonymous said...

We're now no more than just wraiths in the night.

Anonymous said...

Huh?

I prefer to think of us as grains of sand. Free falling through the hour glass of life. Landing when and where we're meant to land.

Or even better. Dust in the wind. Blowing through this world and occasionally finding something worth sticking to and staying with for awhile. Something we can cling to. Something that will hold on to us. That won't let us go. Through the strongest winds, the highest tides, the worst blizzards and dryest droughts.

Something that will protect us and keep us safe. Something that will want to hold on to us tightly and that we will want to hold on to.

Maybe for the duration of our lives.

Maybe
beyond.

Maybe. Just maybe something like that does exist.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you're looking for it in the wrong place.

Maybe you should look for it in the person that you are with already.

Anonymous said...

But what would be the glue? The key?

I would think it would have to be communication. Clear, honest and obvious.

The key would leave no room for misinterpretation.

The glue would leave no air bubbles that could be filled in with other things.

It would have be a tight fit. Solid. Unique.

No skeleton key would fit that lock.

One lock.
One master key.
No duplicates, files or fillers.

Anonymous said...

Watch Her

Anonymous said...

Good point 5:25.

There are so many people who think the grass is greener on the other side.

Who neglect their own lawns and don't see the haven it could be.

If only they feed and nurture the lawn they have it could be a potential paradise. If the seeds for a future were sown in honesty, love and faith.

They don't stop to think about what it was that brought them together in the first place. They forget about their roots and allow them to rot underground.

Anonymous said...

LOL 5:35! We iz tryin to have a serious conversation here. I think.

You come along with your Strut and get us all messed up.

Anonymous said...

End this once and for all.

Go on with your life with the one you're with.

This is going nowhere. It only prolongs the sadness.

Anonymous said...

The good Lord knows that I respect the power of the Strut!

Few forces on this earth are as capable of grabbing the opposite sexes eye. Or the same sex if that's what you're going for. ;)

Anonymous said...

5:55,

Are you lost?

I think you might be.

Anonymous said...

There is no substitute for flesh and blood. There is no fantasy that can hold your hand when you're scared or hug you when you're hurting.

No matter how many ways or how many times you try to justify it. The virtual world is not the real world.


I absolutely agree, none of this is real.

Anonymous said...

No 6:02

Anonymous said...

I think internet buddies can be real.

I think friendships made online can be real.

I don't think anyone should plan a wedding or a future around an internet connection that they think they've made.

Think being the key word. As in convinced themeselves.

Anonymous said...

End this once and for all.

Go on with your life with the one you're with.

This is going nowhere. It only prolongs the sadness.






If you're talking to me I hope you have dick between your legs. One you were born with.

The way I see it I'm the only one who was talking to you tonight.

Course, you could be talking to Mayo.

If that's the case

whoa baby!

Anonymous said...

Night Mayo.

Night strutter.

Night Mayo's jealous lover.

















Ohhh, this blog!

Anonymous said...

See, none of this means anything.

Anonymous said...

It's just been a series of misunderstandings and misinterpretations.

Anonymous said...

The friendships are now elsewhere.

Anonymous said...

The blog should have ended a long time ago.

Anonymous said...

It's finished, has been for a long time.

Anonymous said...

If this Mayo person had any respect for anyone here they would put an end to this.

Anonymous said...

It's just been a series of misunderstandings and misinterpretations.

Agreed. Quite often. Still have the scars lol

So just for purposes of clarification, I, 4:46am, am not Mayo, :) anon, or "Mayo's jealous lover" - lol, where did that last one spring from? :)

Anonymous said...

I doubt Mayo is that exciting to have a lover let alone a jealous one.

Anonymous said...

I, 4:46am, am not Mayo, :) anon, or "Mayo's jealous lover"

I'm not any of three either.

Anonymous said...

Why should Mayo end this blog?

His blog?

This is his place. A place where he writes his personal thoughts.

It's not his fault his words were misinterpreted. It's not his fault if certain people thought his words were about them when they weren't.

How can you hold Mayonaise accountable for your own actions? For your erroneous conclusions ?

Anonymous said...

I'm not Mayo, SS, :), or a jealous lover either.

Anonymous said...

Why can't they make the blog invitation only or private? Why does it have to be public for personal thoughts? Could it be that they love the attention and the misinterpretations and arguments that follow it?

Anonymous said...

From what I remember of this blog it never used to matter what he posted. It was mainly about the people that visited this place and what they had to say. They are no longer here.

Anonymous said...

What the fuck ever happened to personal responsibility?

When did it become ok to blame everyone except the (wo)man in the mirror for our own mistakes?

Did Mayo make mistakes here? Of course he did. Everyone here did. If anyone claims to be completely innocent then they're a fucking liar.

But this is Mayo's blog and he didn't ask anyone to settle here and treat his blog like a damn public forum or chat room.

Anonymous said...

Can't this Mayo person make another blog for his/her personal thoughts without attracting unwanted attention?

Anonymous said...

It's their blog they could have told people in no uncertain terms what was acceptable or not. They never did.

Anonymous said...

They are no longer here.


Who is no longer here?

Care to name them?

Elena is still here. So is Ergoproxy, Amyranth, MissT and a few others.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...

It's their blog they could have told people in no uncertain terms what was acceptable or not. They never did.




That is true.

Anonymous said...

Elena is still here. So is Ergoproxy, Amyranth, MissT and a few others.


Then they can make this blog invitation only to these people. It doesn't need to be public.

Anonymous said...

I'm so tired of trying

Anonymous said...

Maybe you shouldn't say one thing here and another thing somewhere else.

Anonymous said...

Who said one thing here and another thing somewhere else?

Mayo? One of the few blues who remain? Who?

Anonymous said...

There was a lot of people who's feelings were hurt here and who still feel this hurt whether you care or not. I am asking this Mayo person to respect this and make this blog private to themselves and the people they wish to read his/her comments or speak to them.

Anonymous said...

There comes a point when we all have to ask ourselves if it's worth it.

When we all ask ourselves why do we bother anymore?

Hell. I've reached that point half a dozen times already.

Sooner or later the answer to ourselves will be no. it's not worth it anymore.

Nothing personal against Mayo or any blues who remain. It just won't be worth the energy expended.

Anonymous said...

Please end this. Please. For everyone.

Anonymous said...

An archeologist is the best husband any woman can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her.
Agatha Christie

Anonymous said...

What does it take for you to see any sense in anything?

Anonymous said...

End this, there is no need to try anymore and no more misunderstandings

Anonymous said...

If you care for people you would finish this or make it private.

Anonymous said...

I will say this once more for everyone who reads here. Mayo does not have a lover. Never did since the start of the blog and never will have.

Anonymous said...

I was Mayo's lover.

elena said...

Good Morning Everyone

Oh my I see we are having another "end this blog" day.

Seriously? Like this place is somewhere those who don't like it are forced to go? No one has to be here...if you are you clicked on the link.

And thank you anon who pointed out that I'm still here and several others. God at times I think I must have a cloaking device that makes me invisible.

Yeah I'm still here because I want to be. If I didn't, I wouldn't. Personal choice, free will.

Okay, enough of that. I wasn't even gonna say anything but damn, I just wish some people could leave Mayo alone. He comes here when he wants and writes what he wants. If people chose to be here and to read it...okay.

Live and let live.

Have a great day everyone.

Anonymous said...

Take Elena and your friends and make this blog private, please. Is that too much to ask for?

Anonymous said...

Elena keep out of this, please.

Anonymous said...

PLease please please make this private or change the URL or anything.

elena said...

12:35

Why?

Anonymous said...

It doesn't concern you Elena. I'm not asking this person to sever ties with you.

Anonymous said...

You know you can do this. Isn't it better to talk to your hearts content with your friends in private?

Anonymous said...

No more misunderstandings. You don't have to hide. You can be surrounded by the people you want to be with.

elena said...

12:51 it does concern me if you are wanting this blog to be shut down and to say it doesn't is really sorta rude.


This is where Mayo is...yeah I'm sure he's other places but this is the only one I know.

This is where I met a lot of good friends.

This place means something to me. I'm sorry if you can't or won't understand that.

I just do not understand why you think your opinion, what you want, is more important than what anyone else wants.

I want to be here...

If you don't then don't.

And I'm not trying to start a fight about his. You are being quite polite and I thank you for that. (well other than making it seem my opinion isn't important)

Anonymous said...

Please please please make this private. Please.

Anonymous said...

Mayo's had lots of lovers. Haven't you, Mayo? Some were/are on this blog. Some were/are not on this blog.

I know.

Amyranth said...

Ugh speaking of things that might be lost, I got news today that they're talking about closing down my old high school. The only single gender school in my hometown, heck, the only single gender school east of Quebec, and the school board doesn't seem to think it's worth buying the building from the Nuns that were running it and the attached convent. A damn dirty shame is that. :B

-A

Anonymous said...

Do you really need to keep a part of yourself here? If you do all I am asking you is for the courtesy of restricting this to the ones you want around you. Is that rude? I don't see how it is.

elena said...

Hey Amy

That's sad about the school. I hate when old buildings are shut down. I hope they don't don't destroy it.

Amyranth said...

Hey Elena

I hope they don't either. There's no problems with the building itself, the Sisters actually spent quite a bit of money on it over the last 10 years to get it all fixed up, but with so few Sisters left, and no new nuns joining the convent, they've decided it's best to sell the building.

The thing I take issue with is that the school board doesn't see enough value in having a single gender school open in my hometown, and so far refuses to buy the building or even help the Sisters find alternate arrangements for it. It's sickening. Rather than have a good school where girls of all backgrounds can attend and recieve a worthy education, they'd have it closed and the girls there re-integrated into the other co-ed schools.

-A

ergoproxy said...

good morning!

Hi elena, Hi Amy

Amy that is a shame about the school being closed, it does reduce the options, which is important for people to have. Worse though is the Sisters being left with nowhere. I went to a girls school run by sisters and it was their home, and their mission, not just a school.

Anonymous said...

Hi. :)

Anonymous said...

Mayo does not have a lover. Never did since the start of the blog and never will have.


Never will have?
Is Mayo a priest or monk?

Anonymous said...

Never will have?
Is Mayo a priest or monk?

November 14, 2010 4:58 PM

Actually, Mayo is a condiment. People really shouldn't be touching him in *that manner. (eww)



An archeologist is the best husband any woman can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her.
Agatha Christie

November 14, 2010 7:37 AM


You're funny, Ms Christie. :)



I'm so tired of trying

November 14, 2010 7:07 AM

And you're very depressing and alarming, Tired. :(

Anonymous said...

Also, Elena has a point with that whole "freewill" thing.

:) said...

drive it in between

Anonymous said...

Time casts a spell on you but you won't forget me

Anonymous said...

What one’s favorite color signifies
By Barrie Dolnick

What one’s favorite color signifies
Most of us have a favorite color. Maybe you’re drawn to sky blue because it makes your eyes stand out or you find forest green particularly comforting. Whatever the case, your preferred hue can reveal a lot about what makes you tick. And the same holds true for the people you date — you’d probably have a different impression of a date if he or she said, “My favorite color is yellow” versus “My favorite color is black.” That’s because color speaks a powerful, silent language. And I can help you understand it. I’m a success coach and best-selling author of Simple Spells for Love and other books, and I’ve studied color theory. So, look up your favorite color below — then, your date’s best-loved shade — and get some colorful insights that will benefit your romantic life.

Red
What it represents: Ah, the color of passion, anger and high blood pressure. Red is a primal color. It represents primal urges, like lust (“I must have you now!”) and fury (you know the phrase “seeing red,” right?). Yes, red is a commanding color: think of how stop signs get you to halt in your tracks and how you stand back when a red fire engine goes whizzing by.

Understanding people who love it: They act — sometimes without thinking — on immediate desires. In fact, they’re usually the poster children for immediate gratification. It’s up to you if you go for it... or proceed with caution.


Orange
What it represents: OK, orange is not exactly the easiest color to wear and it’s not the most common favorite color, but guess what? Orange is as sensual as it gets. Orange is a mellowed red — and it takes primal, lusty urges and mellows them with a softer vibe. Orange is the color of early attractions, emotional responses, and inner magnetism. Oh, and one other thing: orange is also close to gold, the color of success and wealth.

Understanding people who love it: Someone who likes orange is alive with feelings, the ability to nurture, and can intuit a path to success. If your favorite color is orange, you don’t have an “off” switch when it comes to passion. This is all good stuff, but there’s nothing casual about the connections this kind of person usually forges.

Yellow
What it represents: Yellow is the color of the sun, vitality, power and ego... but it’s not a great indicator of romance. Watch out for self-centered, “me first” energy when someone prefers yellow to the rest of the rainbow.

Understanding people who love it: If yellow is your favorite color, temper your use of the word “I” when you’re interested in someone else. You can come across as too ego-centric otherwise. Now, if you’re dating someone whose favorite hue is yellow, make sure to jump in and share stories about yourself, since this person may not give you much room.

Green
What it represents: Here is the heart of the matter: green is the color of love. (It’s no coincidence that we make our money in the same color...) Green is the color of life and abundance — leaves, grass, plants — it’s all about growing, expanding, and living. So why don’t we give ferns instead of roses on Valentine’s Day? Because green is about expansive, humanistic love and acceptance, not bodice-ripping romance. What’s more, green is a nice-person color, a “do-gooder, be-gooder” kind of color. This person has a warm heart. Passion is probably in there somewhere, buried under their integrity and honor.

Understanding people who love it: If you love green, you put the greater good before your own good — but try a little selfish behavior once in a while.

Anonymous said...

Blue
What it represents: Blue is a color of clarity, communications and charm. And regardless of the shade, this hue says: “I like to be understood.” On the downside, under stress, a “blue” person can send mixed messages, have trouble making up their mind, or just space out during conversations.

Understanding people who love it: If blue is your favorite color, you never run out of anything to say — expression is your strong suit. And if you’re dating a “blue” person? The same holds true; you should always know where you stand.

Purple
What it represents: Purple evokes the energy of illusion, imagination and fantasy. Or should we say purrrrple? Purple tends to inspire coyness, romance, flirtation and teasing — it builds anticipation with a dash of playfulness. The downside of purple is unrealistic expectations. Is it easier to live in your fantasy world than the real world? Some purple-lovers prefer it.

Understanding people who love it: If you love purple, you can be an imaginative romantic or prefer imaginary romance, depending on how you feel.

White
What it represents: White is light — the combination of all colors. White symbolizes purity (the traditional bridal dress, the christening gown) and spirituality. There’s a simplicity to it, too.

Understanding people who love it: People who love white are probably clean and orderly. While white isn’t the sexiest color, it is certainly healthy.

Black
What it represents: Like white, black is a combination of all colors, but instead of purity, it represents the unknown, the unseen — mystery. Black basically holds back information... but there’s no denying that it has strong associations in our culture with “the dark side” and evil.

Understanding people who love it: If your favorite color is black, you are more hush-hush than high-strung in nature. The silence of this color lets others fill in the blanks. Black says, “I’m not telling you anything.” People who love black can be tough nuts to crack, but quite possibly worth the effort.

Astro-coach Barrie Dolnick helps people find love and happiness by understanding their stars and their karmic energy. She is the author of twelve books, including Enlighten Up! and KarmaBabe.

elena said...

Good Morning All

Anon that is interesting about colors. I did laugh though when I first saw it. I was thinking about the Geico commercial about the retired drill sergeant when the guys says "And I think that's why yellow makes me sad." I love that commercial. R Lee Ermey for the win.
"Jackwagaon"

Anyway, hope everyone has a great day!

Anonymous said...

If I speak in the tonguesa of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Anonymous said...

Rock on ancient queen
Follow those who pale in your shadow

Anonymous said...

Rock sur, la femme la poussière d'or
Prenez votre cuillère en argent
Et creuser ta tombe

Anonymous said...

Hi. :)

ergoproxy said...

good morning!

Anonymous said...

Come on shake your monkey hips

Anonymous said...

Dance like a monkey Dance like a monkey

:) said...

Love me without fear
Trust me without questioning
Need me without demanding
Want me without restrictions
Accept me without change
Desire me without inhibitions
For a love so free....
Will never fly away.

Amyranth said...

The years first Winter Storm warning, and it's a damn good thing I have my EPIC HAT.

-A

elena said...

Holy Crap ....winter storm warning?

No say it isn't so

Anonymous said...

M Man,
Sometimes I thought I saw you. Sometimes you were funny and brief.
Sometimes you were angry.

More likely, I should have just had my eyes tested!

Amy,
What sort of an EPIC HAT? Are we talking Iliad Epic, or One Hat To Rule Them All Epic? :)

Anonymous said...

Anons are like a box of chocolates.
You never know what you're gonna git.


Sometimes you pick a chocolate that you think will be nice and creamy and you get hard nut.


Sometimes you pick one you think is nutty and you get fruit filling.

And sometimes you get a truffle when you want a caramel.

Yup. Anons are like a box of chocolates. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hats.
Hats on the other hand are all good. Can't go wrong when choosing one of those as long as you try it on first. :)

Anonymous said...

Sometimes you pick a chocolate that you think will be nice and creamy and you get hard nut.

*chuckles*

So what are you then, 4:35? :)

Anonymous said...

OMG I am a dumbass.

That would be what type are you4:37?

Anonymous said...

Wait. No! I was right the first time - 4:35.

And now I see there is a hattsih 4:37.

Yay!!!

4:35, 37 said...

I'm that mess of a confection you find in the discount stores sales bin. Nuts, cream, caramel, coconut, dark choco, milk choco, white, choco, fruit all mixed in. ;)



I'm not Mayo. :)

4:35, 37 said...

On top of all those mixed flavors and ingredients I wear a glazed hat. It preserves me and makes me look extra shiny.

Goodnight.

4:35, 37 said...

This is for anyone who needs help washing me down or for anyone who needs a kick-me-up. :)

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm. I have just the thing to go with that kick me-up!

I'm not Mayo. :)

Neither am I. :)


Goodnight, also.

Anonymous said...

:) Goodnight bluebuddy!

Welshie said...

Red


White



Congratulations Wil and Kate

ergoproxy said...

good morning!

Congrats to Kate and Will, hope they succeed a lot better than others.

Anonymous said...

Hi. :)

Welshie said...

Hi Ergo. Hi anon.

Anonymous said...

Awesomeness

Listen up. Click.

Welshie said...

Hi anon. Thanks for the links. Sorry to say though that I'm not really a fan of the new album. Not sure why. I'm just not feeling it you know. Shame really cos I really thought this band had a great sound.
Hey it might grow on me, then again, might not. Who knows eh? Kind of you to link it though.

Borat:) Can't decide if I love him or loathe him!

ergoproxy said...

Hi welshie, I went and got my hair refreshed this morning.

I like Borat, in that makes me cringe completely way lol

elena said...

Goodnight

May tomorrow bring a new start, and fresh hope for all.

:) said...

Love is like a friendship caught on fire.
In the beginning a flame, very pretty,
Often hot and fierce,
But still only light and flickering.
As love grows older,
Our hearts mature
And our love becomes as coals,
Deep-burning and unquenchable.

Anonymous said...

:/ Oh boi

elena said...

Mayo

At some point you must look away from the train wreck

You must walk away

Realization hits I suppose, and you know in your heart that no matter how loud your scream it couldn’t be heard over the roar

There was nothing you could do to stop it

There is nothing left to do but walk away

And yet you will always carry with you the sorrow for those involved in the wreck

And you will always carry with you anger and regret that you could do nothing to change the outcome

Nothing, nothing at all

Anonymous said...

“When we long for life without difficulties, remind us that oaks grow strong in contrary winds and diamonds are made under pressure”

Anonymous said...

Goodnight. :)

Anonymous said...

kills
kilts
silts
silks

Yep. I'd much rather be around silk.

Natural fibre rules over un-natural behaviour. :P

Anonymous said...

*scratches head*


Silk? Silk's good.
I hear spiders make it.

Anonymous said...

Good morning! :)

Thanksgiving is next week.
Who has plans and what might those plans be?

Welshie said...

Mornin':)

Elena I hope everything's ok. You seem so sad. Hope things get better soon. Take care petal:)


12:11 anon. I love fruit! All fruit! Have to say that the sight of the Kiwi fruit made me think of our dear friend; Ms Pickled Possum:) I do miss her:( The NZ vs Wales rugby match is on the 27/11. I'll be thinking of you PP. May the best team win.

Ergo, I love the way you say you had your hair 'refreshed'!! Makes it sound as if you were in a shampoo advert, walking through a field of flowers or strolling down to the river and washing your hair in the clear pure water! haha!

It was lovely to see you back TJ. It's been way too long since we spoke.
I had fish and chips the other day and thought of you and how much you enjoy them:)

Welshie said...

Hello anon. I don't have any plans for Thanksgiving. I'm Welsh see:)

Do you have any plans? Will you spend it with your family? Sorry but I know very little about Thanksgiving. All I know is that families get together and there's usually a turkey involved!!

ergoproxy said...

Hi welshie, I am very soon off to bed, but what a lovely image of my refreshed hair!!
Wasn't quite that way, but I did walk through our field with the dog afterwards.

ergoproxy said...

We don't do Thanksgiving either, though I do dress the table with some cute turkey s&p shakers, special placemats and silk autumn leaves Elena sent me and

Welshie said...

Hi Ergo. You have turkey s&p shakers? Nooooo! I just couldn't touch them.
Speak to you soon. Sweet dreams:)


Argh! I'm having so much trouble trying to type in English today. My head's full of all things Welsh. Damn it some days I can't seem to translate things in my head. I know what I want to say but I just can't write it down you know. So bloody frustrating!

Anonymous said...

My damn monkeys back on the powder.
Let me know what you think.

Anonymous said...

Ô.Ô

Anonymous said...

Is he scratching in public or walking bowlegged?

Anonymous said...

:)

Anonymous said...

Satin smooothe for the ladies

Anonymous said...

Shes' the mustard on my icecream!!

Anonymous said...

Great Googally Moogally!!!



I think my spell Check just blacked out when I typed those words.

Anonymous said...

My hooked on phonics sense and sensibilities say your spelling is okey dokey. ;)

Anonymous said...

My tongue and tastebuds however say ewwww!

Anonymous said...

Oh man! Not four loco?

How's imma posta get the energy and the buzzz to peddle that bicycle built for 2 all by myself?

Imma have to switch to this.

Bummed.

Anonymous said...

Then they gonna expect me to wear a helmet and mess up ma hurr!

Seriously bummed.

Anonymous said...

Life is meaningless :(
Whyy yyyyyy

Anonymous said...

Who's the hunter and who's the game?
I don't wanna tame your animal style
bang bang

Anonymous said...

♥ to ♥ you'll win
if you survive.











So remember to eat right, exercise, dress approp, drink lots of water and get some sleep. ;)

Anonymous said...

3 1 3 3 3?

still not getting it! >_<

:) said...

Anonymous said...

You packing your carry on bag 5:04?

It's 3 1 1! :)






-not above :)

Anonymous said...

Hi. :)

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...

No Bart!! Don't do it!!!



But IZ GOTS TO!!

Anonymous said...

This Rocks

Anonymous said...

Yes it does, thanks for sharing!

ergoproxy said...

good rainy morning!!


Praying for the miners trapped in NZ, not looking good

Anonymous said...

I ♥ the Thanksgiving song! :)
Funny video.

Anonymous said...

Horrible news about more miners. My heart goes out to them and their families. :(

«Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 4970   Newer› Newest»